WT1| Man In Disguise- 04

Start from the beginning

"Rei you look so cute today. Yes you do, yes you do." I cooed at her, blowing against her tiny tummy. She giggled and grabbed a fist full of hair. My first reaction was 'oh god' before my phone vibrated again.

Rei stopped giggling and looked at the phone at my side as if to say something. I began bouncing her on my leg until she grabbed my lips. I kissed her hand and laid down with her, ignoring my phone effortlessly. I had work the next day anyway.

       The next morning, I woke up early for work

The next morning, I woke up early for work. I worked at an office where people got replaced everyday. If you couldn't keep up for a day you were gone.

I called Uber after I got out the shower and they told me they were close so I dressed quickly and professionally, tying by hair up in a bun.

"Your ride here." Terri said, a little too friendly for me. I ignored it though, thinking nothing of it, and continued outside. Damn, that was fast.

When I got out there the car was sitting there, running, waiting on me. I had lotion and my purse in each hand as I hurried to the car. Once inside, the driver pulled off smoothly. After about five minutes, I felt uneasy because we were on a different route than usual.

"Um, excuse me." I called from the back seat. They looked in the rearview mirror directly at me. "Do you know where we're going because--"

I heard a click before the gun was pointed at me. I snapped my mouth shut.

"Just enjoy the ride." He instructed, speeding up a bit. I unlocked the door slowly and tried to open it but it wasn't budging. Safety lock.

I covered my face wondering what the hell was going on. Could this really be happening?

 Could this really be happening?