“I am,” Bialy stated as he hauled Jensen off the bed, making him hit the floor next to Taras, who was, infuriatingly enough, lying on his side, resting his cheek in the palm of his hand in a far too casual manner. “It’s totally rational that they fix what they’ve broken!”

Despite being so big, Seibian made no attempt to physically interfere. “I see you’re in no state for negotiation,” he said calmly.

“On your feet, you vandalizing asses!” Bialy yelled as he dragged them both out of the room.

And Seibian merely watched before pulling out a phone. “You leave me no choice.”

----------------------

Kagen received some strange looks when he landed his personal helicopter in the vacant block of a residential estate. But as soon as those people saw it was him (he was hard not to recognised thanks to his hair), they shrugged and went about their business. It wasn’t uncommon for him to take his helicopter everywhere. It was quick, light and agile.

And he was rich enough to do whatever the hell he wanted.

His parents instilled in him the sense of that he could do whatever he wanted (within some amount of reason) and not to care what others thought. If they thought of him to be a rich snob, then there was no skin off his nose. What others say or do was no concern to him.

Unless it actually concerns him or someone else he held within his family. That included friends and employees.

Hmm…speaking of family, just where were his parents? He hadn’t seen them for a few months. Oh, they were probably on some African safari or something.

Whatever.

“Kagen!” Kagen suddenly found his face pressed into the taut and warm chest of a tall blond, who arms were wrapped tightly around his back, practically crushing him in a hug. “Thanks for coming.”

As quickly as he was drawn into that hug, Kagen was released and he took a deep breath as it literally knocked the wind out of him. Coughing slightly, he took a step back to look at the guy who just crash-tackled and felt a small smile tug at his lips. Bright blonde hair in a stylish untidy manner and sparkling blue eyes greeted him. Makis was always so happy to see him.

“I didn’t pull you away from something important, did I?” Makis asked him as he led him inside his family’s home, Kagen noting that his parents and sibling wasn’t home.

Kagen gave a light one shoulder shrug to his question as he set the first aid kit down onto the coffee table. “Well, kind of. Taras hit someone with his car and his staying with us for a while.”

Makis blinked rapidly at that, not fully comprehending. Perhaps it was due to the stoic tone of voice Kagen used to describe it? But, despite being bright and cheerfully, he could be a bit of an airhead at times. “He hit someone?”

“Sideswiped him apparently,” Kagen explained casually as he flipped open the first aid kit. “He’s alright, though. Just a few scrapes and bruises. He’ll be up and walking in a couple of days.”

“That’s good,” Makis said, sounding truly relieved before he plonked himself down onto the couch near the coffee table. “Who was it?”

“Jensen.”

Makis was silent for a moment, trying to pinpoint the name, most likely, before his expression brightened in realisation. “Oh, the social inept guy with the short temper and long sword?”

“That’s him,” Kagen said as he bit back a smirk. “He’s at my place, well one of my places, recuperating. Although, I’m beginning to suspect leaving Taras in charge of him is a bad idea.”

He couldn’t shake this feeling that something was happening back at home. Whenever he got that kind of prickly feeling on the back of his neck, Taras or Bialy were usually involved somehow.

“You think?” Makis joked.

“Anyway,” Kagen said as he changed the subject. “Let’s have a look at that arm of yours.”

“Ok.”

Instead of just rolling up his sleeve, Makis whipped his shirt over his head with ease and stood there with his bare chest. And Kagen was cool, calm and level – on the outside, at least. Inwardly, his brain went ‘fizzle’. Makis had no idea how handsome he truly was or how much he was affecting Kagen. Makis had naturally tanned skin and a defined six-pack that you could grate cheese on. It wasn’t hard to imagine running a finger down that torso.

Kagen abruptly poked himself on the forehead.

“Which arm was it?” Kagen managed to ask with a level voice, Makis looking a little curious as to why he had poked himself.

“This one,” Makis said as he turned to the side and flexed the muscles of his right arm, the muscles under the taut skin rippling effortlessly.

Kagen abruptly turned around to the first aid kit and pinched his cheek in order to prevent himself from blushing. “I’ll tape it just in case,” he suggested.

“Sure,” Makis smiled, oblivious to Kagen’s discomfort.

If it wasn’t for his intense training in Bando Thaing, Kagen’s hands would have shook as they wrapped Makis’s powerful bicep. But he wasn’t a martial artist for nothing, so was able to hide in unease behind a veil of calm and stoic coolness.

Just as he finished wrapping Makis’s arm in a supportive bandaged, his phone rang. It was a particular tune that he reserved for one person and a frown immediately creased his lips. If Seibian was ringing, it could only mean one thing.

Typical.

“Seibian?” Kagen greeted into his phone quickly.

And Seibian’s reply was just as brief. “You probably should get back.”

“What’s going on?”

“Bialy found out that his car was damaged and is on the rampage,” Seibian explained. “He’s pulled that injured kid in.”

“Jensen?” Kagen provided for him.

“Yeah, him.”

“Alright, I’ll be right there,” Kagen said before he snapped his phone shut, a sigh of exasperation escaping his lips. “Honestly, I can’t leave them alone for five minutes.”

“Can I come?” Makis asked as he slipped his shirt back on.

“Yeah, sure,” Kagen said as he picked up the first aid kit, placed it under his arm and walked out the front door, Makis right on his heels.

“Cool,” he said as he jumped into the helicopter beside Kagen.