Excuse me? Chapter 1

Okay, to start off, I don't own the whole Harry Potter gig. I only own my characters.

-=+=-

It all started with the letter.

The letter that changed my life forever.

My name is Alexandra Evane Young. I am eleven years old.

...

"Alexandra? Can you get the mail?" my mom asked.

"Sure, and mom?" I turned to look at her. She was making lunch, putting raw chicken into a marinade to grill later. There was a lot of chicken on that plate...

"Yes?" She looked over her shoulder at me.

"Can you call me Alex?" I threw my hands in front of my face and placed them together, begging my mom.

"Honey, Alexandra is your full name. I refuse to call you a name that is not yours." I knew I should've gone down to my knees. Would've been WAY more convincing...

"But mom-" I stuck my bottom lip out.

"No buts. Now go get the mail."

I sighed. "Okay." I went outside and to the mail box. Me being the curious little eleven year old girl I am, looked through the mail to see who got what. Bill, bill, coupons, sister's mail, mysterious letter for me, bill, wait...mysterious letter for me? I looked at the front of the letter.

Ms.Alexandra Evane Young

2nd floor, 1st door to the left

3rd house down, Louisville

Freeborn

Minnesota

This, right here, is perfect evidence that you have a stalker. I flattered, but creeped out at the same time...

I opened the letter and read it.

It said:

Dear Ms.Young,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted into Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.

Term begins on September 1. We await your owl by July 31, at the latest.

Yours sincerely,

Minerva McGonagall,

Deputy headmistress

The question that automatically popped into my head was something along the lines of 'What the frick?! WHAT KIND OF A PRANK, WHAT KIND OF A SICK JOKE IS THIS?!'

I ran inside. "Mom! Dad! What is this?"

Instead of just my mom and dad, my whole family came down. And when I say my whole family, I mean my WHOLE family.

"Okay, not to be rude but, what are you doing here?"

"John I think it's time to tell her." said my Grandmother to my dad.

"Honey, I need you to tell me something. Is that a hogwarts acceptance letter?" my mom asked.

"Um..yeah, I think. Now answer me this. What am I? What is Hogwarts? Witchcraft and wizardry? I thought witches were green with warts and black fingernails. Am I a witch?"

"Alex, let us explain." said my Aunt Sara.

"Okay, so your sister calls me Alex but you won't?"

"No. Now, Honey, I know that this might come to a shock to you but, yes. Magic is real. You are a witch. It's a good type of witch though, well unless you get put in Slytherin." Said my mom.

Uncle Artie popped out from behind my dad and said, "Now, all evil wizards and witches end up in Slytherin, but not all witches and wizards in Slytherin are evil."

"And, Honey, one more thing." said dad.

"I might take it badly, considering I was just told something so much of a complete shock that I'm still pondering on what kind of prank this is."

"Okay, Honey?"

"Yes?"

"You are adopted. We have no records of what happened in years 1-7 for you and have no clue who your parents are. We adopted you at eight."

Then I fainted. It all started coming back to me. The deaths, the innocent families that died for me, the gun, the scar.