Prologue: The First

I was running through a burning house, trying to get out. I had been abandoned a year ago, and I had barely kept the house that my family and I used to live in.

"Please! Please let me go! " I screamed, seeing a dark figure outside a window.

The same dark figure who had set fire to the house I had been locked into.

The same dark figure who had caused me to be abandoned and left alone by myself a year before.

And to top it all off.......I was twelve. A twelve year old girl.

"Sorry my little princess. If I didn't do what I do, you would no longer be my little princess anymore.  Besides, you don't deserve to have happiness. I'm all that you have. Even if I'm not a part of your family." The figure said through the window.

I sobbed. This was his reason for killing me. So that I was his" little princess"  for all eternity.

Even across multiple lifetimes.

As the smoke got into my lungs, I coughed. It was getting harder and harder to breathe.

I made a wild dash to my room. The fire hadn't gotten there yet, but since I was locked in.......

"No. Don't think about that. Just.....just look at his picture again. Just one last time. Before that happens." My mind said, as I opened my door and closed it behind me. I could hear the fire getting closer. I had maybe fifteen minutes before I was burned along with the house.

As I turned around, I saw it. The picture of my lover. The one I loved.

"Josh." I breathed, coughing a bit from the smoke that had gotten into my lungs.

I turned away from it reluctantly, as I went to my mirror. My parents had gotten it for me on my eleventh birthday.

I was a short, brown haired girl. I had a small amount of freckles, but they weren't noticeable enough to matter. My hair went to the middle of my back. I was wearing my floral t-shirt and my black skirt......

Yeah. I loved skirts. I had jeans, yeah, but I preferred skirts. Like a lot more.

My shoes were black flats. And my tights fit cutely on my legs. I had liked looking nice from a young age.

As I saw the smoke come through the bottom of my door, I knew my time was up.

I took one last look at my face. My green eyes had lost part of their shine. Not that it surprised me much.

I walked over to the bed and laid down under my covers.

I closed my eyes as I felt the heat increase.

And then......I died. Burned inside a house that I couldn't escape from.