Chapter One

*Copyright by NSTinsley 2011*

Enjoy <3

Chapter One

My regular four were sitting in the same booth they always sat in. When they first came in I was a bit intimidated, actually I was a lot intimidated, they were all buff and rough looking. I thought they would have been the type to eat and ditch, not even caring if anyone stopped them. Even now as I look at them I still get nervous and a little scared but surprisingly they have always been kind to me.

"Hey guys back again I see." I greeted them.

"Well my dear your service is too great to not come back." Bret said. He was the one that always talked to me the one that made eye contact and took control, the other three men stayed quiet and always stayed alert for a reason I didn't know and for a reason I was not going to ask.

"You're too kind." I smiled at him. "Will it be your usual tonight or would you like to try something else?"

"The usual for all of us will be perfect." He said with a reassuring smile.

When the night endedI was cleaning up my section and picked up the folded bills on their table, unfolding them I smiled looking at the two twenty dollar bills. Tonight was a slow night and they doubled the amount I received from my seven hour shift. I smiled shoving the cash in my apron pocket. I was close to the amount of money I have been saving for the last year in a half. My goal was to save enough money so I can get out of this little town and move some where beautiful with a beach and the ocean and maybe even a place I could go to college.

"Goodnight Lucy." I called before I walked out of the back door.

"Later girl, see you tomorrow."

Stepping out the back door I stopped and took in a deep breath of the fresh air. Tonight had a cool breeze as I walked home from work. Like most nights it was dead silent, the town I lived in was small and not very busy, at midnight there were no cars out and all I could hear were dogs barking. Taking the short cut to my home I turned and went down the alley. I was looking at the ground and didn't know what I ran into until big rough hands clamped around my arms. I didn't have time to look up and see the persons face. He held me tight in place, "Hello there Katherina (Kath-eri-na)." His voice rang through my ears.

"B-bret?" I stuttered in fear but a bit confused as well.

"Very good dear." I could fell his hot breath against my skin.

I leaned my head back as much as I could, "What are you doing out here?"

"Waiting for you of course."

My heart dropped my hands clenched in fists, "W-what do you mean?"

"I want you to come with me and my men. With us you will be feared, you will be powerful, strong and protected by us, if need be." His face was now full in my view, the determined look in his eyes made me gulp down a scream before I tried to speak.

"I-I don't want to go with you; I want to stay with my family."

When he shook his head, I saw my chance to strike. I yanked back my arm and with my clenches fist I swung it at his face but he was ready and his hand caught my fist. He huffed a little laugh and with an evil smirk he said, "You don't have a choice." After those five short words I barley saw his head strike down. All that registered to me was pain before the world around me faded into blackness.

When I woke my head was throbbing and my neck stung. Scared to focus on my wounds first I looked around; I was in a small concerted room with a bed that I sat on in the corner. I tilted my head a bit to the side in confusion and looked over at the door was, it was . . . metal? I questioned myself but the longer I focused on it I knew it was a metal door. My eyes widened in fear. What kind of person has a concreted room with only a metal door as an exit? The tiny window in above me wasn't even big enough for a little child to climb through. My chest began to rise and fall heavily as my breaths came out strong and even. I was scared there was no doubts about that. I pressed myself against the cold concrete wall and held tight onto my knees as I tried to think about what happened to me, I couldn't remember. I couldn't remember anything. The only thing I knew was my name, Katherina and that was it.

"Hello?" I called out in a shaky voice.

No answer.

"Anybody out there?" I tried again.

Still no answer.

I sat in the room for hours on end. No one ever came to me; no one ever answered my calls. I was alone in this room and didn't know if I was ever going to get out. On the plus side was who ever put me in here was not around. A loud howl filled the air making me jump from my spot. It took a second but when I calmed down a bit I stood up on my bed and walked over to the small rectangle window at the top of the wall, it was only big enough to see through. You know in the movies when someone looks out the window and right in front of it is a face and that is their killer? Yeah, well that was me and what I was scared about at this moment. I managed to get the guts and peaked out the small window, I sighed in relief when I didn't see anything. Only to get cut of short and suck in a quick scared breath when I heard it again, but this time the howl was much closer. I looked again wondering if I would see the animal making the noise but didn't looking up at the perfect dark night sky I saw the clouds moving across the big bright full moon.

And that's when it happened.

I dropped to the floor like a ton of bricks and screamed out in agony. I didn't know what was happening to me. My body was burning, my muscles were aching, my bones were literally snapping, and my head was throbbing like it was about to explode. I thrashed around the room screaming and crying as this pain was taking over. I couldn't concentrate on anything but this horrific feeling. My feet snapped in the wrong direction before I could even scream out my legs popped a different way and then my hips broke and moved and my back . . . my back arched so high it was deforming looking, my shoulders snapped to match my back and my arms broke into a new formation, but then the look of my hands on the ground when each finger sprawled out and changed in front of my eyes. Every time I would try and scream I was stopped by a new breaking and new pain but when my neck snapped nothing could stop my scream. It was the loudest scream anyone in this world could have done, filled with so much agony and hurt but then it changed like nothing I have ever heard before it wasn't like a scream for a human being. No, my scream went from a girl cry to a loud threatening howl then into an unrecognizable growl.

I looked around my body and I didn't see a body at all, I saw deep brown hair that matched my hair color, I saw paws instead of hands and feet. I was standing on all fours instead of two legs I was something completely different something completely unnatural.

I went to scream out but I didn't hear my voice I heard a loud piercing howl.

Instantly fear and anger took over my emotions. I didn't know what happened to me and I was stuck here unable to find out. I trashed the room, tore up the bed, tried breaking the door when it didn't work I broke the window and tried getting out but I couldn't fit. So I threw my head back and howled. I needed out of here I had to get out. I needed to run through the woods. I needed to eat; tare the flesh off the first thing I saw, I needed to get out, I needed to get out, I needed to get out!