Chapter 2

*CAIDEN  PIC*

EIN'S P.O.V.

My heated glare did not even faze him a bit. He still laughed hard, rolling on my bed. God, he pissed me off! "Would you stop that now? That's enough alright?" Caiden's laugh slowed down and he started to wipe his teary eyes.

"Hahaahahaha, you j-just...oh god this is hilarious!" He burst into laughter again. I decided that it's better if I just ignored him and back to my laptop. Watching anime is much better than hearing his maniacal laugh. But nahh....he's annoying.

"Would you stop it!" I yelled and threw the nearest object which is my computer mouse to him, he ducked it and it hit my mirror 

*Crash!!!* 

"Ein!!! What's wrong?!" I heard my mom's yells from downstairs and her footsteps followed shortly I grimaced, nice work Ein.

My bedroom's door was opened. Yeah poor me, my parent decided that it's better if I do not have any lock on my door.

"Sweetheart? Oh my god, what happened? Oh dios mios, what happened here, you're not hurt, right sweetheart?" Her voice was full of concerned. I grimaced and grin sheepishly at her. My mom was a Spaniard, a tanned beauty. Unfortunately, I take after my Dad's pale skin.

"Nothing mom, I thought there's lizard there so I throw it. It missed and hit the mirror, don't worry I'll clean it up." I stood up and started to walk. Caiden was ROFL-ling on the floor. Goddamnit, this bastard, he caused this and still dare to laugh?

"No no, it's okay, I'll do it, wait here for a while? Don't move alright? Not even an inch!" She said strictly before she moves to find, broom I guess. Like the hell, I would just stand there and let her do anything. I kneeled down and started to collect the big glass shard into one pile.

Then I heard a voice, calling me. 'Take the glass Ein. Do it, cut yourself, make the pain wash away everything...you can do it...do...it...-

"Hey, Ein, don't do it. Don't hear what that voice say" Caiden voice awakens me from my dazed state, he kneeled down next to me, and looked at me straight through my eyes. 

His blue striking eyes gazed at me tauntingly. "Please think about your parent, they won't like it if they know you've surrendered." My parent face passed through my mind, I remembered the pain I felt when I saw they're crying, and sobbing while hugging me, that was two years ago.

Four years ago, I have, schizophrenia, and terrible depression. I started to distance myself from other people, I avoided conversation, I started to see something that wasn't supposed to be there. I talked to myself, I cut myself. 

I hated the world, I hated that I was born in this world. I hated everything in this world. I meant it, everything!

Then two years ago, after I was involved in an accident, I met Caiden, I thought that he was also my hallucination. Surprisingly, we've become a great friend. 

Then my parents suspected something, they eventually knew that something was wrong with me when they saw that I sometimes talked to myself and I wore long sleeved shirt 24/7. I highlight my hair black and red, and I will throw out every time I ate something. 

On that time, I was like a living skeleton.

They brought me to a psychological doctor. They finally knew the truth. I still remembered that tearing feeling in my heart when I heard my mom sobbing while hugging me. That was the first time I saw my dad cried a silent cry. 

They did almost everything they got to make sure that I was alright. My mom took a long day off just to make sure that I won't feel alone. My dad used a lot of his money just to make sure that I have the best medication, counselling, and therapy.

Watching them suffered because of me, nearly torn my heart apart. Nearly every night, I could hear my mom's constant crying and my dad's whispering trying to comfort her. On that time I swore to myself that I will get better and stop worrying them. I tried all my might and may  I say, I succeed.

 I managed to get all of my hallucinations away, although sometimes they will try and bring me back to the darkness. One thing though, Caiden didn't seem like he will go. I didn't mind it that much since he always helps me through everything. 

He never meant harm. 

Back to my condition now, I saw my mom's leg, tapping her feet on the floor and when I looked up I saw her deathly glare. 

Oops...

"What did I just said just now, now shoo go and sit on your bed!" She said. What am I, a dog? "Mom~" I whined. "Don't whine at me young lady, now go." From the corner of my eyes, I saw Caiden, trying to hold his laughter by closing his mouth with his hand.

 What was the real use of preventing it? Even if he laughs, my mom won't notice it. I huffed annoyed and threw myself on my bed and watched my mom's graceful movements as she swept the glasses away.

How do people sweep the floor gracefully? 

After she left while muttering she needs to buy me a new mirror, my attention went back to Caiden who sat next to me. I've been wanting to ask him this a long time ago. " Hey, Caid?" He tilted his head and looked at me. "Hmm?"

"Why I can still see you again, why don't you go as the others did?" He looked dumbfounded at my sudden question. We were left with awkward silence. Before he broke it with clearing his throat.

" Its because your heart won't let me go." His eyes went straight to my eyes, almost like he wanted to tell me something else. But soon a smirk and he broke to waves of laughter.

 " Ugh! Forget it! I better sleep!" Somehow I felt an urged to smack his face. It's no use to ask him.

I laid on my bed and closed my eyes better get some sleep when I can. I could hear the lightning off, I knew it's him. Then before I went to my dreamland I cold felt a warm touch on my forehead, almost as if someone stroked my head affectionately. It was warm and comforting.

"It's because, you haven't fulfilled my last wish yet Ein, Sweet nightmare...." A male voice said next to me, his voice was haunting and full of sadness, somehow I thought that I knew that familiar voice but in my dazed state, I could not form a word nor recognized the owner.