"...You got me"

'Run y/n,go find your family. Go get to safety.' I was suddenly knocked out my thoughts when I heard a gun shot. I ducked under a nearby rock,well more like a boulder. I stick up my head enough for me to see who was coming. I see a scared looking Ben Parish staggering towards me with blood on his face. Ever since they invaded,you know to trust no one. I reluctantly straighten myself out from my uncomfortable crouching position. I quickly pull my pistol out of the back pocket of my jeans. I cleared my throat in order to make myself known by our high school football captain. He instantly turned around pulling out his gun. I remember be too shy to talk to him when everything was normal. Now I don't remember what normal was like.
"Drop your gun." I said shaking,I only practiced using this gun,never actually killed something.
"Drop yours first." He said almost mockingly.
I slowly put my gun in my back pocket,he did the same.
"I'm Ben,nice to me--"
"I know who you are."
After waiting in a awkward silence I said,
"I'm gonna go get my family,uhh is that where you were headed?"
He looked down at the ground and back up with a sad,forced smile.
"I'm sorry. you can come home with me if you'd like?" I said.
"Sure." With a genuine smile this time.
Walking through the woods was silent,but it wasn't awkward this time. It was nice,calming. As I walked to my front door there was a terrible stench. I hadn't been with my family in a while so they had barely any source if fresh food,I was guessing it was sour food.
I opened the door and instantly fell to the ground. My family was dead. Lying in random spots of the house,rotting. I started crying. Usually I don't break down in front of people, but I couldn't help it. Ben walked up to the door and opened it slightly,he winced at what he saw. He slowly shut the door and walked over to me. He crouched down next to me and simply said with a sweet smile,"you have to stay strong,know that you're not alone,from now on,no matter what you have me."