Subsisting The Requiem

(A/N: Hi everyone! So yes, this is the prologue of Subsisting The Requiem. It is centered around the fanfiction for Dragon Ball Z. Allow me to give you a gist of the title. Subsist, refers to still exist, or overcome. Requiem, refers to a mass killing in a specified place. So, this story speaks of a female surviving the obliteration of Planet Vegeta. Feedback and constructive criticism is ever appreciated(: I hope you enjoy!)

-

Prologue--

-

The whole method of sending her away was so ill-defined, so perplexing to her. She for one knew better then any her mother wouldn't just station her out like that. It confused her so. Even the King wouldn't send out hierarchy placed Elite's like that on long distant missions. The years spent sparring with Cooler and Frieza's minions, the Prince, and Elite's, her mother, were worth it she supposed. Was this what it was all for though? This very quest?

Being admired by all around did help though, somewhat. Male Saiyans her age flocked to her, younger and older respected her. The female's did the same, treasuring and relishing within her given attention. Which, was, somewhat an oddity, because of her conceited and snappy attitude. One could say she somewhat enjoyed the care, and now, dearly missed it.

The chromatic silver sphere designated as her Saiyan pod shot through the obsidian and gelid atmosphere of space, the filmy opal aura surrounded the flying form, illuminating the blackness. According to what she had taken note of, she had been flying in space's hold for 2 months, 17 days, 3 hours, 51 minutes, and 8 seconds, counting. Her flight plan was due for the planet defined as Earth in mere hours. 

Rameere sat back, shifting lightly in the small space the pod provided. Her gaze materialized to the allure of the dark enveloping her, and she sighed in a blasé manner, fed up with space's shadow. She brought her arms up in a placid cross against her chest, slim fingers of her right hand reaching up to jam the button of her scouter in which would seek signal from any other remaining Saiyan,

"Elite Rameere ready, copy? Ludale, Toris, Antser, copy? Any on station ready?"

She had been calling out the name's of fellow comrades every few hours, beginning at time last week. She was informed of the destruction of her home planet by her now deceased mother, and was in unbelief for days. When she finally could grasp the thought of Frieza doing that, her mind immediately sought out any that could've survived. But each attempt was futile, her scouter would only make out a fuzzy transmission on the other line, and she knew, deep within herself, that all was gone, except her. She even attempted communication with the Prince, because when she was sent out, he had already gone before her, but effort proved only otiose and ineffectual; she assumed he had suffered death's fate as well.

She then realized she was the only left, becoming infuriated with her race, and herself. Having such an easily aggravated temperament, Rameere would cry herself to sleep for several nights. But then her prideful nature got the better of her, and she made the decision, that, when she got to Earth, to obliterate any standing in her way, and find a mate to branch down her race, in the name of all Saiyans.

Rae's eyes snapped shut, her arms folding over her chest in another unavailing endeavor. She huffed, chest falling with the exhale, nostrils flaring,

"So much for that. Might as well sleep it off."

Her tone carried a tainted irritation, and she lifted a hand up, punching a few buttons upon the keyboard of her ship's controls,

"Initiate warning beforehand, 5 minutes before landing on earth."

She ordered to the system, a simple cyan light alit from the screen, setting her jaded irises ablaze in a pool of an oceanic volume of color.

"Order confirmed. Commence warning 5 minutes before landing upon Earth."

The monotone of the system's voice reverberated against the metal walls of the pod, and her tail stiffened around her waist, anxious to have room to unfurl from her torso in the unpleasant sitting position she had been in for so long. She crossed one leg over the other, groaning lightly from her rigid and sore state, eyes closing to only introduce her to more blackness. It would come faster then she would expect, her arrival on Earth, and she was ever so worked up.