Flashback

Chase POV

"Hey Cee, don't forget to come back here so Steph and I can fix you up real pretty," my older sister Abby called out teasingly. She and Steph, my other sister, doted on the Celia, always gushing at her and trying to dress her up. I don't see what the fuss was about. Celia was one of us. She didn't need all that to hang with us.

"I don't wanna dress up like a girly girl," Cee growled with a scowl. I nodded my approval at her comeback. I glared at Abby, who was back to gushing, and grabbed Cee wrist.

"Come on, let's get outta here, Sean and Gar are waiting for us," I said dragging her out towards my brothers. We were going to the park to hang out with friends. Later today was my grandparents 50th anniversary party so we had to be back early to get ready. Cee came over with her parents who let her stay so Abby can get her ready. She had asked Mrs. Branshen if she could dress Cee up, who agreed.

"Chase, I've got two legs you know, you don't need to drag me," Cee yelled, yanking her arms out of my hold.

"Sorry," I said sheepishly, stopping and turning to her. She grunted in response and stomp off to the Gar car. He recently got his license and was using dad's old car. Sean was behind the wheel. He was always driving Gar car stating it was practice since he had his learners permit. Gar let him have his way occasionally when our parents were around, reluctantly taking the passage seat, being a backseat driver. He always thought he knew everything. Sean and I didn't get along much because he always teased me. Just last week, he kept asking if my girlfriend, Cee was coming over. I didn't like Cee like that, we were just friends. Besides I had a crush on Sarah, from our fifth grade class.

"Where's Matt?" Cee asked. Matt, Matthew, was my seven year old brother, the youngest and a thorn in the butt. He was always following me around, which the others thought was cute.

"Man, why is that brat coming, too," I groaned.

"You would know about being a brat," laughed Sean. What a pain.

"Shut up, man," I retort.

"Come make me," Sean replied.

"See if I-, "I started. Gar interrupted before I could finish, with a glare, "Shut up, both of you. Matt has to get a haircut, so he ain't coming. Get in."

We got in and headed to the park. We arrived and found most of the usual people were already there. A few of Cee and my friends headed towards us.

"Come on," I said grabbing Cee wrist once again. She stopped and glared "What?"

"Chase, the hand gotta go," she said pointing to my hand in her wrist.

"Sorry, habit," I said. She gave a tight smile and walks off, heading toward her friends, Lei and Alice. Cee best friends and my twin sisters, Rainie and Skyra, always refused to join use, saying that they don't enjoy playing in dirt. Real girly girls, those two. Spotting my friends Teddy and Evan, I headed off in their direction.

"Hey," we greeted each other, then started off towards the others. There was quite a crowd as usual, including Gar, Sean, their friends and girlfriends, some families like Alice and Evan, their siblings, dad, uncle and cousins were here. Meadows' Park was the biggest park in Falcon City, luckily it was close by, so everyone was always here at some point in time.

"Let's get started then," Gar shouted out. We all decided on flag football. Not my favorite, I'd much preferred, tackle football game. However some girls were going to be playing, so everyone usually agreed on this version.