Best Friends To Lovers (Star Trek 'Kirk' fanfic)

There he was, sitting in that big chair of his on the bridge of the U.S.S. Enterprise. My best friend, Captain James Tiberius Kirk. 

"Kyra! About time you get here. We've been waiting for you." He laughed. 

I laughed with him, "You aren't just waiting for me. We just got the distress call." 

He waved his hand at me. "Yeah, yeah." 

I rolled my eyes and took my seat behind his. I looked at the buttons and gages. Everything was ready. 

"All set, Kirk." 

Without looking back he said, "Excuse me, but it's Captain." 

I mimicked him and waved my hand and said, "Yeah, yeah."

Everyone that knows Kirk has no idea how I'm able to be best friends with him. Especially cause I'm a girl. Most girls, like him, sleep with him and then he gets up and leaves when he's finished. They think it's just cause he likes the sex and he doesn't want to spend any longer with a girl because he doesn't actually like her enough. That's not fully right but it's not fully wrong. 

You see, I've gotten to know him very well. Yes I think he's cute but I'm not sure about the relationship thing yet. I'm guessing we will just always be best friends which is better than nothing. 

I'm like his therapist. I talk to him and he talks to me about everything. The reason he sleeps with girls and never sees them again? He's scared. Scared of what? Love and heartbreak and getting hurt. He's told me this. He opened up to me and only me about it. Why am I the only one that he's told? Because he trusts me. I gave him my trust that I would tell NO ONE on the ship about it. I also promised him I wouldn't judge him for how he acts with girls, and I don't.

Let's skip ahead after the distress call...

"Time to go home guys," Kirk said as he sat in his captain's chair. He looked right out the window. "Sulu, punch it." 

Sulu proceeded to send us to warp speed. 

Kirk stood up and motioned for me to follow him out the door. I did just that. I figured he needed to talk again and I was willing to. He walked down the hall and turned into his bedroom. The door closed behind me. 

"Come here," He sat on the bed and motioned for me to sit next to him. 

I walked over and sat down. "What's wrong?" 

He didn't answer. He just started at me. I looked at him. His blue eyes didn't look hurt or needing to talk. I wondered what he wanted. I tried to ask again but before I could speak his lips were pressed on mine. When he pulled away I spoke. 

"What was that?" I never thought that would happen. I always wanted to kiss him, but I never thought I'd actually get the chance. 

"Just... We can talk in a bit. Okay?" He ran a hand through my hair and rubbed my cheek with his thumb. 

"Uhm, okay. But... What are we doing now?" I was confused. Again, I knew how he was with girls but at the same time I still wanted him. The best relationships start out as friends, right? 

"We aren't going to talk. You're going to relax. I promise I'm gonna take care of you." He kissed me again, a little harder and pushed me down so I was laying on the bed. He climbed on top of me. 

"Wait. I... I don't think this is something we should be doing." My heart was racing already. Half from fear that he would actually hurt me after and half because I did want this, ever since I met him. 

"You're going to be fine. I told you, I'm going to take care of you." He kissed me again and I didn't say another word. 

The kisses went down my jaw to my neck. I bit my lip as I felt his teeth graze the side of my neck. He ran his hands up my arms and behind my back, unzipping my blue dress. Instinct took over and I started stripping him of his clothes as well. 

First his yellow shirt was off, then his black one. Soon we were only down to our underclothes. 

He kissed me down onto my chest and stomach. I never let him go. I had my arms around his neck, then on his back and in his hair. 

Eventually I let out a slight moan and tilted my head back a bit. I tangled my fingers in his hair as my heart started to race. I could feel his heart against my chest. 

We both let out a big gasp at the same time. My body collapsed and relaxed as his sweaty body fell on me. He rolled over on his back, panting. 

I looked at him, allowing myself to catch my breath and my heart to slow. "What... Why..." 

He shook his head. I couldn't tell if he was upset with himself for doing that or if he wasn't sure what happened either. 

I moved towards him and laid my head on his chest and an arm around his waist. 

He hesitated a little but put his arms around me and held me close. 

"What was that? You... You said we could talk later." 

"I did. Well..." He sighed and continued, "I know you're like my best friend and all and I can tell you anything. Well..." 

"Well what? Kirk, you know you can tell me." I snuggled into him a little more and his arms tightened around me. 

"I love you. I actually love you, unlike anyone else. I know I'm afraid of it, but it was just too strong. You let me know that I shouldn't be afraid of anything." 

I didn't know what to say. He's opened up to me so much before, but this just seemed different. 

"I am afraid of one thing though." 

"What's that?" 

"Losing you. If I lose you, and you walk out of my life, I'm going to be terrified all over again, and probably worse. I trust you. I trust that you won't hurt me, like I'm afraid of being hurt." 

I smiled and snuggled as close as I could to him. "I won't walk out on you. You won't lose me or my trust. Ever. If you want me to leave, then ask. Otherwise I'm here till the end." 

I could tell he smiled a little as he rubbed my back. 

"Thank you." He pulled my head up and gave me a kiss. 

I snuggled into him once more. "I love you too." I closed my eyes and fell asleep.

*AUTHOR'S NOTE: This is a one part story. I will NOT be adding any other parts to it. I'm sorry.*