Chapter 2- The Way We Live

*Not Edited*
______________

Christina POV

We were performing, in front a major crowd. But this time was different, my sisters and I didn't have our disguises. We were free of our so called 'second family'. We were known for bringing our fans hope, teaching them to be themselves. Right when we about to do another song, I heard a trumpet horned blasting in my ears.

I jolted from my bed, accidentally falling onto the floor. I groaned and saw our cousins, Vanessa and Russel, recording their little prank. I tried to grab the camera, but I knew it hopeless. Ever since we got here, years ago, they always prank us for some reason.

They ran back upstairs, and I closed the basement door. I look at the time, 6:25. I quickly woke up my sisters from their beds.

"Hey, wake up!" I told them, but they were still sleeping.  I pulled them each from their bed and they woke up eventually.

"What time is it?" Dani mumbled out as curled up in her blanket.

"6:26" At that moment, all of my sisters got up and got dressed. When everyone was done, I got everyone's attention.

"Okay, quick sister meeting." I said. We all gathered around, and all looked at me. "We need to know what songs to do for our performance at the Valentine's Day dance. I was thinking we could do our new songs."

All nodded in agreement, and we went upstairs. We also decided to meetup after school to our secret spot.

Our Aunt was waiting at the table, and she looked at us. "Do you know what time it is?"

I looked at my watch and it read 6:45. "6:45, and we really have to go to school."

"I just need to tell you that you need to work a few more hours at the diner tonight."

"But we-" I started out, but was cut off.

"We need to talk, alone" She said. I know where this is going to end up. I asked my sisters to wait for me outside.

"Christina," my aunt started out, "I took you in when your parents died. I took care of you, and I provided you and your sisters with jobs. And in return I expect you all to work when need to. If not, I could separate you and your sisters forever. You want that, would you?"

My aunt acted so innocent, but I knew how cruel she was. She did take us in, and she did provide us with jobs, but she made us sleep in the basement and made us work up until midnight at the diner. Ever since we went with her, we lost a price of our true identity.

I would have talked back, but then she could separate me and my sisters. They could be taken away, and I'd never see them again. I'll do anything to protect them.

"No," I mumbled. She got up, and looked me in the eye.

"Good girl," was all she said, after leaving out the door.

I stood their, thought of what would happen if I wasn't their to protect them, and went out the door.
_____________

A/N- As soon as I'm done editing my other book, I'll write more for this.