"I understand. I'll be at the motel in town when you're ready to talk." My father said, grabbing his bag from the porch swing.

Just before he walked down the steps he said something. "I really am sorry, Alaina. I do love you. I just wanted you to know that. Even when you thought I didn't." Then he walked to his car.

I let out a long breath of relief when his car pulled out of the drive. I still didn't believe a word he had said. 

"He knew you were pregnant with Paisley and he still did that?" Ryan growled.

"Yes. He heard my mother and I talking that day in the kitchen. She already knew everything and I hadn't even told her. She was always very observant." I sighed turning to face him.

"You know the rest." I mumbled.

I was surprised when I felt his arms wrap around my waist. Figuring he would have been extremely pissed at me for never telling him.

"I wish I would have known then." He whispered and my arms went around his neck.

"I know and I'm sorry. I was just young and scared."

"You should have known better than to think I wouldn't have been happy. I would have been so excited." He gently kissed my forehead.

"I know." He was right, I should've known better. 

To think he would have left me was stupid. I knew he wasn't like that. I think I was just more afraid of what my dad would do. 

And I was right to be scared now that I look back at everything. The last time I had ever seen him, he had his hands around my neck trying to strangle me.

"Come on. We stink. We need to take a shower." He smirked.

"Just so you know you're doing the laundry for the next few days." I tell him before walking through the door.

"Laina, you know I hate it." He groans making me giggle. He purposely folds everything wrong just so he doesn't have to do it.

"Do you realize how much laundry I have to do now? I swear you and Dustin are worse than any woman I've ever met! I'm tired of folding both of you guys undies! I even hope I mixed them up and you end up wearing each other's!" I tell him irritably.

"That's why some of my boxer's have been so tight in certain area's." He says in a huff.

I burst into laughter as I walk up to our room. Did I mention I did mix some of them up on purpose?

"Serves you right." I smirk, grabbing some clean clothes from my drawer. He just grunts.

"I'm going to take a shower upstairs. You can use Dustin's bathroom to shower." I order.

He pouts. "I thought we were going to take one together?"

"Nope. I'll have to give you a rain check. Consider it punishment for making me do all the chores these past few days." That's the last thing I say before going to the bathroom and locking the door.

If I don't lock it, he will sneak in. If he even thought I was lying about him doing laundry he is dead wrong.

After my shower, I head to the bedroom and put on some clothes.

I still cannot believe my dad had finally come back. I wish he had just stayed away. I don't know what I'm going to do now that he's back.

Should I talk to him?

Forgive him?

I forgave Ryan with little effort. Maybe I could forgive my dad too. But what my dad did isn't as forgiving. And I have a feeling he hasn't changed much.

What if he went back to his old ways?

He could hurt me, Ryan, or even Dustin. I didn't want to risk that.

And now that he knows that mom died, it scares me that he will do the same thing he did when Kevin died.

Maybe, he won't. I really don't know.

But is it all really worth the risk?

"What are you thinking about?" I shriek when Ryan comes in the bedroom with only a towel wrapped around his waist. He looks delicious with the towel hanging low on his hips. That had always been the death of me.

"My dad." I sigh and fall back onto the bed, covering my eye's with my arm. "I don't know what to do." I whine.

"He's not coming back here." Ryan states.

"I didn't say he was. You really think I'm that stupid? I don't trust him one bit." I huff. 

"You're not the only one." He bites out.

"I may invite him over to take a ride with me one day this week." I tell him.

"You don't think he'll do anything?" He questions.

"No. Not with you and Dustin here. I don't think he's that dumb." I mumble, even though I'm still unsure.

"Well, that's fine with me. Just tell me when you plan on inviting him so I can be here." He says. I just nod my head and agree.

I wouldn't want him to come over when nobody was here anyway. God only knows what he will do. There is something in my gut telling me that he is not fully recovered.

Let's just hope I'm wrong.