His gaze alternated between the teens and Tom as he strode down the Alley. He had never seen any of them in battle before save for Pensieve memories of a young man he had only recently learned was, in fact, Harry. Somehow it was entirely different seeing for oneself the proficiency with which the young man wielded his magic without even the aid of a wand.

His distraction was so complete that he nearly failed to react in time to the Killing Curse approaching at his side. A quick flick of his wand to raise a block of cement into the path of the spell saved his life while a quick burst of wind prevented the shrapnel from tearing into his flesh. A negligent wand jab turned his attacker's robes to lead, and he distantly noted the thump of metal meeting the ground as he turned his focus back where it belonged.

Too late; Tom was already approaching the battling teens. Pointing his wand to the ground, he released his magic as he traced his wand forward. A crack split the ground in front of him and followed the path of his wand as it spread under Tom's feet, halting his approach. The Dark Lord turned his head, and Albus met his crimson-eyed gaze. A malevolent smirk lit Tom's face as he dismissively turned away towards a nearby group of Death Eaters.

Albus could just hear the order. "Keep the fossil busy while I attend to other matters."

They immediately fanned out as they approached, preventing him from being able to target them as a group. Without any delay, he started on the offensive. He had to get to Tom before he could do any harm to Harry.

OoOoO

"Harry Potter," a hissing voice addressed him as he knocked out another Death Eater. He froze in midstride for just a moment before turning to meet the hateful red glare of Voldemort and bit back a gasp as his already throbbing scar erupted in searing pain. He gritted his teeth as he glared at the façade of a man before him.

This was not good.

Fighting Death Eaters was one thing, but he knew he was not ready to face their master. But neither was he prepared to flee and leave innocents to suffer in his wake. "I'm surprised to see you, Tom," he finally responded, glancing quickly to each side. Ginny and the twins were still fighting a pair of Death Eaters on one side of him, and he noticed Dumbledore engaged with eight or ten of them a short distance down the Alley on his other side. Guess that just leaves me.

He slipped his wand out of its holster on his arm. He had not used it in weeks, but he kept it strapped to his forearm out of sheer habit. While it would only slow him down in a normal duel, it was a weapon of a different sort against Voldemort, and he was grateful to have it with him. "That wand will not help you today, Harry," Voldemort dismissed with a sneer. "I expected I might run into you today and made the proper arrangements."

Harry's eyes slid to the wand clasped in his enemy's hand. It was sad that he could spot immediately that it was not his usual wand – once he knew to look for it. Sighing, he slid his wand back up his forearm until it locked back into its holster. There was no sense using it since it was not a brother to Voldemort's new wand.

"You have been very busy this summer," Voldemort noted casually.

"Only as busy as your minions," Harry retorted, only too happy to continue the repartee if it gave Dumbledore a chance to finish off those Death Eaters and help.

Voldemort laughed. "Yes, you've been surprisingly effective against even my experienced Death Eaters, but it is not they you must defeat, Harry. Come, boy, and meet your destiny." He raised his wand and quickly sent a Crucio.

Harry was prepared for it and sidestepped easily, responding with a series of Stunners and Blasting Hexes in reply. Voldemort laughed as he flicked each one out of the air with the tip of his wand. "Surely the Prophesized One can do better than that?"

taking controlजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें