The Beginning

Hmm, I really don't know how to start this. Well, obviously from the beginning. Okay let's start there shall we?

Hello, my name is Michael Taylor, I'm 20 yrs old and I'm transgender.

I was born on May 1, 1995 in New Orleans, Louisiana. Now before we head into this, I'll just say this: I don't really remember much of my childhood, but I can remember a few bits and pieces of it. So, please understand.

Now, my birth mothers name is Felicia Ray and my dad's is Corey Taylor. Unfortunately, when I was born, my "mom" abandoned me on the streets while my dad was away in the Marines. Although, I was told differently, my dad told me that I was left on the streets and his mom found me. My stepmom told me that I was left at my grandfather's house. So, I really don't know who or what to believe. Anyways, I suffered from pneumonia and my grandmother nursed me back to health.

I lived with just my dad for 2 years, until he got married to my stepmom, Sylvia Darby. They have been together for 19 years. Like I said before, I don't really much of my childhood , but I do remember when I was about 10 or 11.

August 25, 2005 was the day I dread.

------------------------------------

"Mom, I'm scared!", I said as tears rolled down my face.

The wind was picking up speed and was blowing so hard that I swear a tree can fall over.

My mom and dad were moving back and forth from the house and the car. They're carrying boxes and almost all of our belongings to the car. I was so confused of what was going on.

After putting away the box,my mom was carrying. She walked over to me.

"Honey, it's gonna be okay. Now, how bout we go to your room and start packing, ok?" She said with her hand on my shoulder.

I loved how she can keep me calm in tough situations. It's like she knows exactly what to do.

"Okay." I said with a small grin.

My mom reached for my hand and guided me back to the house, heading towards my room.

I had a habit of leaving things around. For some reason I could never put anything back where I got it from. It's like I pull it out and tell myself to put it back when I'm done. Apparently, I did the exact opposite of what I said to do.

Judging by my mom's expression on her face, she was angry. She was angry because she would tell me constantly to clean up my room and I would never do it.

I knew I had to say something quickly before she yells at me.

"Hey, at least we know where everything is." I said with a huge grin. I swiftly moved to where the mess was and started picking up my things.

"It looks like you were having a yard sale in here." She said while giggling.

I couldn't help but laugh as well, because what she said was true.

As I was walking towards the car,I noticed three faces peeking out of a window, staring at me. It wasn't until I put the box I was carrying in the car and took a second look at the window. Then I realised it was my friends: Clarence, Champagne, and their little brother, whose name I could never remember. They were staring at me confused and scared.

I did a little wave goodbye because I didn't know if I was ever going to see them again. My mom noticed me waving and quickly wrap her arms around me, comforting me as I waved goodbye to my friends.