Chapter 2

I was bored by the time second lesson came, very bored. I had always hoped since Liam left that he would come back in our last year of High school but apparently not. I've been waiting all year to see his white as snow hair and his gorgeous chocolate brown orbs of eyes. He was my best friend and I had grown a slight emotional attachment to him. I hate feelings. I missed him more and more everyday and Diesel didn't understand because he was heads over heels for his mate Delilah, she was a girl with long black hair and bright blue eyes. Unlike werewolves, vampires don't have "mates" we had something completely different, still the same principle but without the biting and leaving marks on each other and all that stuff... It didn't appeal to me at all, I wanted to fall in love on my own and not because fate told me too.
"Ivy! Pay attention!" My teacher, Professor David Almond, shouted as he had noticed that I was staring out of the window at the rain. It always calmed me.
"You know for a fact I was paying attention, I don't have to look at your shiny head to learn shit"
"Leave!" He shouted again, his stale voice croaking as everyone looked at me. Usually I never said anything but today I just felt like being me for once, not taking anyone's bullshit for anything. I didn't feel like it.
"Okay should I leave now or...?" I replied again, I moved my hair out of my face and just stood up anyway. He didn't even react as I walked to the door, I looked back at the small bald man before exiting the room and going for a wonder around the building.

Liam

I woke up to another day of nothing, there was no point in me opening my eyes. Not like I could see. I was a poor excuse of a wolf and not leaving my room was my way of showing it. I wanted to see my friends again, I wanted to be able to be normal again. That couldn't happen because I was stupid enough to get silver injected into my eyes by some bastards known as the 'Revolution' they where an organisation of humans set out to destroy the supernatural kind. The only way I can see is in my wolf form, that's why I'm still able to be Beta for my brother Adrian's pack, the Violet Storm pack. The biggest pack in Vancouver, there are over 400 wolves in this pack and we live throughout the city, the most important members living in the pack house, my house.
"Liam?" I heard my mom ask my name as she knocked on my bedroom door.
"Yeah?"
"You need to go back to school, we are arranging transport for you to get there later today" This I was outraged at. She wanted me to go back to a place where I won't belong anymore. A place where I won't be able to be me, I won't be able to even act myself anymore. And what if Diesel, my best friend, has fucked me off? Or even worse, his sister. Ivy was my only other very close friend besides Diesel and we had done everything together as kids. Her ashy blonde hair was down to her lower back last time I saw her and she had pale skin, she had a nice body too. I had a thing for her when we where growing up but she was too much of a metaphorical sister to me for me to do anything.
"Mom I can't go back! Not like this!" I shouted to her and I heard her sigh through the door.
"Liam you can use your wolf's eyes to see, just change your eyes. Yes they will be a different colour but no one has seen you in over a year so they won't notice the difference" She said knowingly.
"I didn't know we could do that" I trailed off at my mothers knowledge, she was an elder so I'm surprised she didn't tell me sooner... Then again I only had my first shift around a month ago when I became 18.
"Yes, you can. It can only be done once you've shifted for the first time hence why I kept it from you incase you tried to do what your brother did"

My second brother Sebastian, wanted to become Alpha of the pack but he was too young. So he decided to accelerate his wolf's development. It's a very dangerous process where someone has to drink from one of the lakes of the moon, there are many in the world and one in this city, but it is surrounded by wolfsbain. It's a deadly plant to our kind and drains us of our power making us basically mortal. Anyway, Sebastian had managed to get through to the lake and was trying to get some of the water out so that he could drink it and become more mature in his wolf's age. I think he's the only wolf in existence who didn't know that it has to be during the full moon so our goddess can bestow her power onto it, he ended up getting a backlash of what was supposed to happen, killing him instantly and making him decompose into the wolfsbain to become more of the deadly plant. The reason wolfsbain is named the way it is, is because it grows from the bodies of dead werewolves, if they posses the genes of an Alpha they become the plant as a final way to protect their pack, as it doesn't effect the rest of the pack members then. Just the attacking pack.

"I'll knock on your door again in five minutes Liam, if your not ready then your going to school naked" I heard my mother say as she walked away from my bedroom door.
"Let's do this" I heard my wolf say in my mind, letting me know that he was waiting for me to allow the shift of my eyes.