Forgetting You

graveyards in my lungs

cobwebs in my veins

i am now the living representation of death itself

D stanDing for the Days and nights i spent trying to get over you and Doing everything i coulD to wash the sweet, succulent taste of your name out of my mouth. but nothing seems as Delicious as your lips and not a Day goes by where i wisheD that i DiDnt mess up and things between us were still perfect.

E standing for EvEry tEar i criEd ovEr you. all of thosE yEars i spEnt wondEring what i did wrong and what i did to makE you hatE mE thE way you do. whatEvEr did i do wrong to makE you think that i am now lEss worthy than any star in thE sky or diamond in the ground.

A for All of the notebook sheets And pen ink i wAsted trying to write About how i felt, just hoping that i could find the right words to describe how much you hurt me when you AbAndoned me thAt August night All those yeArs Ago.

T for The Time i spenT wishing on sTar afTer shooTing sTar ThaT you mighT come back To me and realize ThaT you made a misTake and ThaT you didnT haTe me afTer all. why do you even haTe me, or dislike me so sTrongly? because i gave you noThing buT happiness and affecTion and you Threw iT in The Trash like iT was noThing To you.

H standing for How you made me feel on tHat nigHt. tHat nigHt that you discovered tHat blue wasnt really your color anymore and you wanted something more neutral. sometHing better? tHats all i ever wanted to be was better, better for you, for me, for anyone and everyone. but tHanks to you, im stuck Here 3 years later, living and breatHing DEATH.