Eli glanced over his shoulder, sending a bored, uninterested glare at the girl. "Then go, man, I don't see no fucking stop-sign on her ass."

"Damn, wish me luck," His friend chuckled, passing the blunt back to Eli.

"Hey, before you go, you heard anything from Caleb?" Eli suddenly asked, putting a hand on his friend's chest when he was about to stalk after the poor woman.

"Haven't seen him," His friend said and for some reason sympathetically clapped his shoulder. "He's flying low, man. He'll show up when he wants to."

"Yeah... cool, man. Thanks."

His friend left, and this was now Mia's opportunity to step in. So many questions were flowing in her head, but just as she was about to step up to him, she was overtaken by another woman.

"Elijah," The woman purred, coming up to him. "How've you been, baby?"

He met her eyes and lifted a little smirk to his lips. "Hey, mama. Your man with you tonight?"

"Nah, he let me out on my own," She wrapped a hand around his neck and placed a deep, tongue-clashing kiss on his lips.

He kissed her back before cocking a brow. "Missed me, hm?"

"You know it, baby," She replied. "Wanna come see me later tonight, hmm?"

To Mia's complete surprise, she actually saw Eli chuckle before he pressed the blunt to his lips again and then budded it against the wall. "Sorry. I'm not here for that tonight. You seen Caleb around?"

Who was this Caleb person? Mia thought. And why was he so obsessed with finding him?

"Nah, sorry. You sure you ain't got time?" The woman replied and ran her hand over his crotch. "I'll make it worth your while."

Mia was physically repulsed. Was this what he did on his free-time; Fuck taken women? She started to truly regret sleeping with him and reminded herself to go get a gyno appointment when this was all over. 'Clean', her white ass.

"Sorry, baby. Not tonight."

"It's your loss."

"It's yours and you know it, baby girl."

Mia rolled her eyes. Baby girl? That sounded so lame.

Okay, maybe that was the jealousy-thing talking. But come on, baby girl? That was so pubescent.

Maybe this had been a huge mistake, Mia realized. She shouldn't have tried coming here. Just listening to him... it was downright stupid coming out of his mouth. How was she supposed to milk him from his knowledge when he clearly had none?

But in that moment, Eli chose to look up and his eyes instantly spotted her in the packed crowd. At first he looked at her as if he couldn't really believe his eyes, but then once he had confirmed she was indeed on his turf, his face grew hard.

"I'll be fucking damned," He said, stepping out past the woman he had been talking to. "Look who's come out to the slums to beg for more. Desperate, are we?"

Mia clenched her fists and contained her temper. Getting angry with him wouldn't take her anywhere, so she gathered her composure.