"And you know I can't stand the guy," Mia agreed, sipping her wine. "First chance I get, I'll break his pierced nose. Just like he broke my hallway."

"Okay seriously, it's just a hallway," Anna drawled. "How long are you going to obsess about it?"

"Until it is returned to its original state," Mia firmly snapped. "I don't want to talk about him anymore, please change the subject."

"Whatever," Anna said, pulling herself up into a seated position. "I still think he's sexy as fuck with all his ink and that brooding stare, like he could just eat you."

"And that's exactly the thing; I would never sleep with someone purely based on their looks," Mia told, sitting up as well. "It's all about personality, and Eli has proved he's nothing but a great, big dick."

"Well I wouldn't mind getting a little of that great, big dick, then," Anna slyly commented and waggled her eyebrows.

"Gross!" Mia exclaimed, shuddering. "Changing the subject now!"

"Oh, don't be such a prude," Anna scoffed and rolled her eyes. "But fine. If your white little ears can't handle a little dirty talk, let's talk about something else."

"My white ears has put up with your mouth for years, honey," Mia countered. "I just don't like the fact that you're into criminals."

"Ah, but that's just my dopamine and adrenaline, remember?" She winked, chuckling when Mia rolled her eyes.

"Subject change; Go."

"Alright, I got one!" Zoe broke in, having been quiet while they sorted their dispute. "Let's talk about that mac and cheese you promised to make us, Mia."

~~~

It was a late afternoon and Mia found herself staring at a blank canvas in an empty art studio at the Alexandrettia. Since Valenches had banned her from the classes, she had resorted to staying late to do some painting so she wouldn't fall behind. It was now hours after she had stepped in and sat down on her stool, and she was still glaring hopelessly at her white canvas. Nothing came to her.

Maybe Valenches was right. Maybe she had lost her inspiration, her muse. She used to take everyday situations and transform them into something beautiful and abstract, but for some reason, she couldn't do that anymore. Something had changed about her and she didn't know what it was.

"Are you fucking done yet?"

Mia let out a startled scream and nearly fell off her stool. She got caught by a pair of inked hands that curled around her arms and kept her from kissing the floor. When she twisted around, she shouldn't have been surprised to see him there, but their closeness changed the game. His face was right there and his eyes looked more deadly and intense than ever.

"What are you doing in here?!" She screeched, etching away from him. He let go of her arms and allowed her to rise from the stool.

"What does it look like I'm doing?" He glared at her and picked up a mop he had leaned up against a table.

"Oh." That was the only thing Mia could think to reply. After another moment, she simply looked back at her blank canvas, evaluating if she should just give up and come back tomorrow, or stay a little longer and see if inspiration popped by.