Chapter 27 - An Escape

Start from the beginning

“He will regret that,” she said. “Stay there.”

With that, she transported out of the cave leaving Unique alone in the cave. Envy must have missed the torn robes, but luckily, Unique didn’t feel compelled to obey her. As fast as she could muster, she broke free and ran out. She’d seen Envy walk in and out during her stay, and as soon as she was on the shore again, she could safely transport despite her lack of energy.

Where should she go? Only one place came to mind—the tree house. Sion had shown her that vision for some reason, and she knew that it would be safe from Envy. She could hide there until Sion came back.

Unique transported to the field, tumbling to the grass as she landed. With her arms spread out, she lay there panting for air. Her mind was a chaotic mess of the emotional abusive memories. She was tired.

There wasn’t much she could do now besides than waiting. She was too exhausted to move, and her eyelids were heavy—she needed to sleep.

To the soundtrack of chirping birds, and the rustling of leaves moving in the wind, Unique soon after closed her eyes and fell into a deep sleep.

Passion. She could feel passion everywhere and not just the man on top of her, but his affinity too. Her whole body was consumed by an impenetrable feeling of lust and desire.

Sion moved on top of her, and her eyes searched for his. When she finally looked into his beautiful brown eyes, she smiled.

“Can I?” he asked. He didn’t need to specify what he meant. She’d been holding him off for long, wanting to make sure he wasn’t just looking for an easy shag.

Her hand ran down his arms, leaving a trail of goose bumps over his skin. He shivered under her touch.

“Yes,” she whispered. It was time—the first time. He’d claim her now, and she would allow it. Right now, it seemed silly to her that she’d waited for so long. Every fiber in her very being responded to his touch, to the kisses he left on her neck, and to the way that his skilled fingers caressed her skin.

He leaned back and helped her with taking of her shirt. There was no embarrassment. Instead, there was only lust.

Sion gasped at the sight of her naked body, and she could feel heat pool to her core. She wanted him—she wanted this.

“Are you sure?” he asked. His eyebrows scrunched together, and he looked at her with worry.

“Yes,” she repeated, and it was the truth. Never before had she been surer than she was now.

 His lips found hers, and she sighed in content. Finally.

--

“Unique?” his voice sounded from far away. She didn’t want to stop dreaming of him. Fighting against it, she ignored his continuous demands for attention.

“Unique. Can you hear me?” he asked.

With a groan, she opened her eyes to find her back in the empty, cloudy void from her earlier dream vision. Sion was sitting beside her with a skewed smile.

“Hi,” she said.

“I’m so sorry,” he blurted.

“For what?” She frowned. If he were sorry for once again interrupting an exceptionally pleasant dream, then he should be. It was terribly rude of him to do that.

“I couldn’t fight her off.” He took her hand in his. “I am so sorry.”

“It’s okay,” she said.

“No. It’s not. I shouldn’t have left you. I can’t believe how close you are to fading now. And it’s all my fault—my past—that caused this.”

“Where are you now?” she asked.

“She caught up to me. I’m back in the cave.” He sighed. “Listen, I need you to—“

“No,” she interrupted.

“Please just listen Unique, this is important.”

“No,” she repeated. “I won’t listen until you’re safe.”

“Look, Unique. Envy can’t do anything to harm me permanently, and I’ll figure out a way to get free again. But she can literally kill you. I’m not going through that again. Stay, away. Okay? Regain your strength, and remember. Always remember your memories.” His voice drifted off.

“Wait!” she called, but he was already gone, and then added in a mutter, “I’ve forgotten what you said I needed to remember.”

 A/N: We're nearing the end of this story now. I still love you all. <3 Thank you for everything. Please don't leave me during the rest 2-5 chapters (Not sure how many I can stretch them over.)

MWAH!