Chapter 1

"Come on, follow me!" Jack yelled. I laughed. We were on the roof of the Gateway Arch in St. Louis. It was difficult to balance, and as I wobbled around I wondered how Jack was running so easily. 

"What do you think you're doing?" I asked. But he just grinned. Then, out of nowhere, Jack dove off the Arch as if he were diving into a swimming pool

"Jack!!" I screamed. I ran to edge where he had fallen. Surely, he would die at the bottom. But as I peeked over the edge, afraid of what I might see, I noticed he was nowhere in sight

"Elise!" called a voice behind me. I turned around, and there was Jack, floating in mid-air.  Although I was angry at him for scaring me, I was even more relieved. 

"Didn't think I was that stupid, did you?" he asked grinning his oh-so-famous grin. 

"Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if you went diving off the Gateway Arch," I replied, smiling. 

"Take my hand," Jack said suddenly. 

"What?" 

"Take my hand," he repeated.

"No way, I'll fall."

"No you won't," Jack promised. "Besides, if you do, I'll catch you.'

"Very reassuring," I replied, grinning a little, although I knew if I really did fall, he'd catch me.

"Come on," Jack urged. 

I took a step forward and looked down below me. If I jumped right now, I would die. But would that really be that bad? Freeing yourself from the world and living in eternal peace...it sounds good to me. But Jack said I wouldn't fall, so that didn't really seem like an option right now. 

"Stop thinking," Jack said. "Just jump."

So I did. 

At first, I fell as if I were a normal human and couldn't fly at all. But then, I had this urge to move upward; soon enough I was. It was as if I were in a deep swimming pool, and I could move around as I pleased. It was frightening, yet amazing. 

"There you go!" Jack called from above me. I flew up to him.

"This is terrifying," I said.

"I know, isn't it great?" he replied. 

For what felt like hours, we flew around the city, laughing and smiling and just being happy. I was always happy when Jack was around. 

Although, right as I was thinking this, I got this pain in my stomach. 

"Ouch..." I groaned, but Jack just looked at me. 

Then he said, "Get up, loser." 

"What..." 

I opened my eyes to see Chris looking at me. 

"I said, 'Get up, loser'," he repeated.

"Yeah, yeah, I know what you said," I replied, annoyed.

"Then get your butt out of bed!" he yelled, then kicked me hard in the stomach. I suddenly realized why I had that pain in my dream. 

I watched him leave, reminding myself that I was back to my terrible life, and flying was just a dream. I got up and started to make my bed.

Oh well, I'd just have to wait till tonight when I can visit Jack again.

-----

Hope you liked my first chapter! I'll be writing more soon! Also, I'd appreciate it if you could vote for my stories (if you like them), and comment your input. Thanks:)