Chapter One

unedited

Chapter One

"You can't run from me, Sanya," whispered a low, husky voice. His soft, plump lips brushed against the shell of my ear as his breath caressed my neck. I shivered in lust when he took my earlobe into his mouth and nibbled. As he slowly brought his lips down to my neck, I could feel his hard, warm chest press against my back. He brushed his hands down my body from my shoulders to wrap about my waist, trapping me in his heated embrace. Ever so gently, he placed wet, soft kisses along my neck until he found my spot. I shuddered when his teeth made contact with that part of my neck and a content sigh passed through my lips when his tongue ran over the spot that he had bitten. When his thumbs crept under the hem of my shirt and grazed the skin just above my low cut jeans, my legs quivered in want as goosebumps showered my body. As I felt heat begin to pool down below, I squeezed my thighs together and let out another breathy sigh.

My eyes fluttered shut as the places he touched began to tingle and burn. When he sucked the area of my neck right behind my ear, I let out a quiet gasp and my right hand moved up to his head while my left hand tightened around his arm. I licked my dry lips in need and brushed my hand through his soft, fluffy hair until I finally couldn't take it anymore. I wanted to kiss him so badly that I ripped his arms off my waist and pulled his hair to move his head away from my neck. Slowly, I turned around and my lips parted in surprise. Before me was the most beautiful man I had ever seen. My face flushed as I gazed at his heart-shaped face with high cheekbones and a slightly bent nose that indicated it had been broken a couple times. His sharp, hazel eyes stared straight into mine as I continued to analyze him. His fiery red hair was a hot mess that was a clear indication of how I had been frantically running my hand through it. He towered over my 5'4'' build with his 6'5'' body and his broad and muscular chest was covered in a tight gray T-shirt while he had dark blue jeans that hung dangerously low to show off his tall legs.

When I was finally done studying his body, my eyes went back to his face where I realized that his eyes had been staring at my lips before flashing back at my sea blue eyes. I copied the gesture and gazed longingly at his red, plump lips that practically yelled at me to nibble on. As my eyes steadily went back to his, I gasped in surprise when I realized how close he was to me now. The tips of our noses brushed against each other while his hot breath fanned my lips. Just as I tried to take a deep breath to calm my nerves, I inhaled his dark, musky scent that made my mouth dry. When I licked my lips, I noticed his eyes darken in passion before they slowly shut as his face became closer and closer. His lips were a centimeter away as I let out another sigh. He finally closed the distance and-

"Oof!" Pain seared through my head when it came into contact with something hard and cold. My eyes shot open in surprise before I finally noticed that I had fallen off the bed. Just as the throbbing began to fade, I heard a deep chuckle from under me. Slowly turning my head to ensure the pain wouldn't return, I came face to face with a blond boy with bright blue eyes, wearing only boxers. Eyes narrowing, I glared at the boy who had just laughed at me as I righted myself on top of him.

"Did you just laugh at me, Dax?" At the tone of my voice, Dax immediately shut up. He knew I wasn't a morning person and that when I was grumpy, I could get violent. Satisfied that he wasn't going to say anything, I rose to my feet and glanced at my bed. There, the body of a tall brunette girl slept peacefully. I turned back to Dax and finally noticed that he was barely wearing anything.

"Dax," I squeaked, "put something on!" He got up and headed to my drawer, laughing while my face flushed in embarrassment.

"It's not like you haven't seen me naked before, Sanya," he smirked. Again, I turned to glare at him, remembering that one time I had accidentally walked in on him taking a shower. Just as his face changed from cocky to concerned, he asked, "Are you okay, Sanya? You hit your head on the floor pretty hard and your face looks a little flushed." It took me a couple seconds to realize why I would be so red before my face burned brighter from the memory of my dream. It had felt so real. His big, safe hands around my waist. His wet, warm lips trailing down my ne-