Chapter 23 - The circle of Gods

Magsimula sa umpisa

At the top, the house was similar to the tree house that she lived in. It was just worn and slightly dusty by time.

Unique walked around and saw different furniture, outside on the platform. Nothing spiked her memory, and she hurried to get to the door. Inside, the layer of dust was the first she noticed. The next thing was the photographs or her and Retro lined on the walls. Different pictures of her growing up, with friends, and finally also with Sion.

It was odd staring into the beautiful brown eyes again; she’d missed Sion more than she thought. For some reason, she was more interested in the pictures with an adolescent Sion rather than the pictures of her father. Unique couldn’t explain it, but her eyes didn’t want to leave the familiarity of Sion’s eyes and smile.

She walked over and took a few pictures from the wall. Perhaps they’d hold some memories for her to see. She sat down on the couch. A large cloud of dust rose around her, making her cough and gasp for air. Yuck.

The picture frame of Sion was the first. It was as if she were an addict. She needed to see him, even if it would be just in a memory. She concentrated, and gently stroked her fingers across the glass.

Unique was sprawled in an unnatural position across his lap. Sion looked down and smiled. “Are you having fun?”

She rolled her eyes. “As if, you can let go of me now, Sion. It’s not fair to use your strength to hold me down. You play unfair.”

In all honesty, Sion would love to let her go. The only problem was that her wiggling and vague attempts of getting away didn’t exactly seem fair to him either. Especially, not with that fine piece of—

He stopped that line of thought. She’d asked him to wait, and it wouldn’t help if captain obvious in his pants, stood at attention because of his improper thoughts.

“Sion?” she asked.

He snapped out of his thoughts and found her eyes. “Yeah?”

“Would you, please, let me go now?” she asked, and fluttered her eyelids. He chuckled—that wasn’t going to work on him.

“Say you’ll date me then,” he blurted.

Unique widened her eyes, and her jaw fell. Sion was just as surprised; he hadn’t meant to say it out loud. In fact, they’d agreed to wait.

“W-what?” she said.

“Argh. Ehm.” Sion struggled to find the words. Finally, he decided to go all in. “I really like you.”

“Sion…”

“And, I’d like it if you gave me a chance.” He looked into her stunning eyes, and gently let go of her wrist. His hand snaked around her, and he helped her to sit upright. Her rear slid across his thighs, and he scolded himself for the large inhale he had to take.

Stay cool, Sion. Stay cool, Dammit.

His thumb caressed her cheek, and he neared her mouth in an achingly slow pace. Should he kiss her?

Unique reacted instantly. Within seconds, he was under her, his arms pinned beneath her knees.

 “Ha! I win,” she taunted. She stuck out her tongue and grinned.

Sion didn’t know what to say. He’d just gone against all his own rules, and she’d waved them off. He closed his eyes. He was such a wuss. Now she’d never agree to date him.

“By the way,” her voice whispered. Her breath tickled his lips, and he opened his eyes. Unique was mere inches away from him, and he held his breath in anticipation.

“You get one date to convince me, so better make it worth it, pretty boy.” She winked, and pecked his cheek before she ran away. Sion touched the spot and stared after her before he fist pumped the air. She had agreed!

Unique pulled back, surprised to discover that tears were once again sliding down her cheeks. Yeah, she missed Sion. Annoying, perverse and wonderful Sion. Her eyes landed on the next picture, and she reached out to take it before she halted. It was of her as a newborn. Looking up from Retro’s caring arms, ready to take on the world. She shrugged—she already had her fix of Sion, now she needed to see this. A small shiver up hope rushed through her as she wondered if she finally would see her mother. She hoped so. Taking a deep breath, she placed the picture of Sion beside her and took the other picture in her hands. God, she hoped she’d get to see her mother. 

A/N; Early upload here :) I wanted to take something up with you guys. I'm leaving for New York on the 24th of July (In six days) I have to be over there for 14 days, and I'm not taking my laptop. Chances are that I won't be able to upload while I'm there. =/ 

I've calculated a bit on things. And, if I write furiously for the next couple of days, I'll be able to finish the story before I leave. This would mean updates every day, and sometimes even more than once a day. But to do that, I need YOUR help. 

A big part of writing is promotion, and I normally spend hours trying to spread the word around me and my writing. This is hours I could use to write for the next week. 

So if you want the story to be uploaded as fast as humanly possible (and I can do it, I mean, I finished Shattered Star in a week and there was more to write) I need your help with promoting. I'm not asking you to spam my story everywhere or anything. But I would be so happy, if you'd help me out. There's plenty of ways to do so.

You can comment and cheer me on. Every time you comment, it'll show on your profile.

You can vote to help me climb the lists, I've recently changed the categories from Action to Fantasy, which is a "harder" category as there's many wonderful stories on the list. The higher I am, the more promotion. 

You can help share the link through your social networks. There's both facebook, twitter, tumblr, pinterest, etc. You can also broadcast it by using the "broadcast to followers" or even mentioning it on your profile in a normal message may help. 

You can follow me, to get updates on the story. 

You can like my facebook Fan Page, where I'll upload pictures to go with the story as well. If you have any time and want to, you can also make some fan art with your favorite quote, and I'll post it on my facebook page along with giving credit to you. 

You can write a review on your website, tumblr or blog, to recommend it to others. 

You can mention it when talking to your friends. 

Even if you only read, it still makes a huge difference. But I need some help in this. I don't want to leave the story for two weeks, and leave you hanging, but if I don't get cheered on, that's sadly what will happen. 

If you like the story, then please help me out. It's not a requirement and you don't have to, but I'm asking you from the bottom of my heart. 

Thank you as always for all your help so far, it means A LOT! <3 And Thanks for reading this.

- Maja