Napping Buddy ~ Dante ~

Dante resisted grunting in irritation as Rekka lightly tapped the leg of the chair he sat upon with her boot. It seemed Rekka went out of her way at times to interrupt his nap, though today it seemed her attempt was half-hearted at best. "Oi~," she crowed lowly though it was followed by a pause as whatever she was going to say next pierced by a long yawn before she could continue.

"C'mon... Don't ignore me...."

Dante frowned, brow furrowing slightly. Her words held none of the usual bite and another faint yawn could be heard as Rekka was forced to take another pause in her talking because of it.

Curiously Dante peeked open an eye, the magazine usually left over his face to block any of the sunlight that streamed into the large un-curtained windows tossed away already. It had been the first of Rekka's attempt to get his attention that day.

Rekka was swiping at an eye slowly as if performing any movement faster would just exhaust her further and Dante even took notice of the dark shadows under her eyes. Sure, they had always been there since they had met, it seemed the woman just did not get enough sleep as is on a daily basis though it had never seemed to effect her before.

Maybe it just took time to hit her fully.

Dante didn't know. What he did know was that he wanted his own nap.

Whatever Rekka had been planning on saying next, it was lost in her throat as Dante reached up, grasping her forearm in his larger hand (funny, he had never actually noticed just how tiny and scrawny she was compared to himself) before tugging her down onto his lap where she let out a grunt in surprise, placing her free hand on his chest to stop her face from colliding straight onto him.

"Eh?"

If this act had surprised Rekka the next surprised her more, Dante moving to wrap his arm around her waist and keep her pinned to him, her legs dangling off to the right of the chair so she was sitting on his lap, sprawled out of his chest. It was a rather strange position to be in for the woman, who was not really one for being touched. Dante had taken up his own position, the usual chair tipped back slightly with his feet atop the desk. His free hand even took up residence behind his head as usual.

"Go to sleep." Dante grunted softly as Rekka had finally gathered her bearings once again and had attempted to get out of his grasp and up off of his lap.

Rekka blinked. "Huh?" came the unintelligent reply.

"You heard me, babe. You need the sleep more than I do."

Rekka huffed, though if Dante had it in his mind to do something he wasn't going to let it go and she knew it. It was one of the many ways that the two were one in the same, after all. So, huffing Rekka laid back down, her head resting in the crook of Dante's neck silently, a pout on her face and her cheeks dusted a light pink.

Dante spared a snort in amusement before all was silent in Devil May Cry.

When Lexia returned from her walk around the city and visiting a library or two with Vergil that day she hid a smile behind her pad of paper, though it wasn't necessary to hide it. The two were deep in sleep, and Lexia thought it rather cute.