Love Works In Very Strange Ways (A Gaara Love Story) *Chapter 15*

Chapter 15

“Please excuse me, I have to go change.” I said.

Hinata nodded and I left into the apartment so I could change.

I changed into a flowy lavender blouse, black skinny jeans, a black barrette, and black combat boots.

“Okay let’s go Hinata-chan!” I said jumping off the couch excitedly.

“O-okay Miyuki-chan.” She said still keeping her stutter.

I followed her as she led the way around the village. We talked about this and that, like the weather and such, and I spotted a Ramen Shop. “Do you want to eat lunch over there? At that ‘Ichiraku Ramen’ place?” I asked her since I was beginning to get hungry. She looked inside and her eyes widened. She blushed madly, hid behind me and started shaking.

“I’ll take that as a ‘no’. Judging by your reaction, I assume there’s someone in there that you possibly like?” I said with a sly smirk. She nodded her head, embarrassed and hid further into the back of my shirt.

“Y’know, you’re kind of making it obvious that you possibly like him.” I said looking at her from over my shoulder.

“R-really? A-are you s-sure?” She asked.

“Positive.” I said turning around to face her. I put a hand on her shoulder and grinned widely.

“Well, let’s get something to eat because I’m starving!” I said. “O-okay.” She said twiddling her fingers nervously.

We walked inside the Ramen shop and sat down at the end of the benches. I looked around the small shop, satisfying my curiosity. I saw the guy that Hinata had a crush on. I recognized him as being someone from that creeper Sasuke’s squad.

He was wearing an orange jumpsuit and blue ninja sandals. He had blonde hair, sun-kissed skin and big beautiful cerulean eyes. He also had a blue konoha headband. He was eating hungrily into a bowl of pork ramen with 5 other bowls on the side.

‘Geez, how many bowls can this kid eat?!’ I thought.

Hinata looked scared out of her wits because of him, but I’m assuming it’s not because of his appetite.

“Hello, and what would you ladies like to eat today?” A young girl, who I assume is the shop owner’s daughter, said.

“I’d like some Miso Ramen please.” I said after having a quick glance at the menu.

“I-I’ll have s-some Pork R-ramen, p-please.” Hinata said quietly as to not get the attention of her crush. I smiled at the fact that she ordered the same ramen as him.

When the girl left to the back, I nudged Hinata. “Nice move.” I whispered. She smiled and her face reddened a bit.

“I’m going to go talk to him.” I said. She panicked and waved her hands in front of me.

“Please don’t!” She whispered/yelled.

“Why not? I’m curious to meet him. It’ll only be for a little bit, I’ll talk to him for 5 minutes, get to know him and come back, okay?” I said. She thought for a bit then shook her head in approval.

“O-okay…” She said still keeping her stutter.

I moved over a couple of seats and sat next to Hinata’s crush.

“Hello.” I said looking at the kid who finished his 6th bowl of Ramen. He turned around and he had a noodle hanging from his lower lip.

“Um, hello…do I know you?” He asked squinting and leaning closer to me so he can get a better view of me.

“I’m not sure, but I’ve definitely seen you before.” I said leaning against the counter. Was this kid really that ignorant?

“Hm…” He said finishing his bowl of Ramen.

“So, what’s your name? I’m Hiragana Miyuki. I’m a genin from Sunagakure and I’m here to attend the chunin exams.” I said introducing myself.

“The name’s Uzumaki Naruto, believe it! You’re from Sand?” He asked.

“Yup. Born and raised.” I said chuckling. He smiled back.

“Same here.” He replied.

“So, what rank of ninja are you?” I asked as the owner’s daughter placed a bowl of Ramen in front of me.

“Genin.” He simply replied as another bowl was placed in front of him.

“Are you going to be able to pay for all of that? Those are a lot of bowls you’re going to have to pay for.” I warned him.

“It’s okay. I always come if I have coupons.” He said grinning.

I laughed and started to eat my Ramen which was really good. I could tell Hinata was staring at us.

“Hinata, come sit with us!” I said, waving her over to where we were sitting.

“U-um o-okay!” She stuttered nervously. She picked up her bowl and awkwardly walked to where we were.

“Naruto, this is my friend Hinata. Do you know her?” I asked wrapping an arm around her shoulders and grinning widely.

“Oh yeah, you’re Hyuuga Hinata! You were in my class!” He said after about 5 minutes of staring at her face, which turned redder with each passing moment.

I smiled. “So you know each other…” I said smirking.

Hinata looked at me with a slightly panicked expression.

‘Don’t worry, I got this.’ I mouthed. She nodded and I turned to face Naruto. He looked really confused and his facial expression said it all: What?

Oh my god, is this kid really that stupid?’ I thought.

“Well, how’s life?” I asked trying to break the awkward silence that just occurred.

“Okay, I guess.” He said.

“S-same h-here.” Hinata said.

“It’s good; I just want for the chunin exams to get here faster. Which reminds me, will you guys be applying?” I asked finishing what was left of my Ramen.

“Y-yes.” Hinata said after taking a bite of her Ramen.

“OF COURSE, BELIEVE IT!” Naruto exclaimed.

“Great.” I said drinking the soup from his bowl.

“Well, I have somewhere to be. I guess I’ll see you guys there...by the way, I’m on the same squad as Sabaku no Gaara.” I said smirking. “Bye Hinata.” I said giving her a quick hug before leaving the amount of ryo that I needed to pay for everyone’s bowls, even Naruto’s.

It took Naruto about a minute to process that I’m on the same team as the Sand Siblings, his newfound enemies.

“I’ll see you guys later.” I said before running away on rooftops. All I could see were the shocked expressions of Hinata and Naruto.