Chapter Twenty Seven

Start from the beginning

"Okay Fiz, looks like it's time for a big brother talk." I told her, looking deep into her eyes so she would know that she has my full attention.

She laughed lightly. "You're not my brother though, Harry."

The corner of my mouth lifted into a small smile. "Well, I'm second best then." I teased. She nodded, grinning at me.

"Alright," I said, turning serious once more. "I want you to understand the difference between true love, and a crush."

Her nose scrunched up. "What's different about them?" I chuckled.

"Well," I began. "What's a crush?"

Her eyebrows furrowed in concentration as she thought my question over. "It's when you think someone has a nice smile, and your heart feels fluttery when you're around them!"

I smiled at her explanation. "You're right, Fiz. Now let me tell you about true love."

She leaned forward in anticipation, as if I was about to recite to her the most romantic tale in the world.

"True love is more than just thinking the person has a nice smile, and getting butterflies in your stomach. That's only the beginning." I said, instantly thinking of Louis.

Her eyes were wide with wonder as I continued. "You love that person with all your heart... You would do anything to keep them safe, and happy. As the crush turns into more, that nice smile will always be absolutely stunning to you, no matter how they look."

I was careful with my words, as I didn't want to make it be to complicated for her young mind.

"You just get that certain feeling... One day you wake up, and realize that they're your soulmate." I said wistfully, my mind drifting.

I was pulled out of my daze by Fizzy's little hands holding mine. "Is Louis your soulmate?" she asked hopefully.

I nodded slowly. "Yes... he is."

"And what do you do when the person is your soulmate?" she asked curiously.

Something suddenly sparked in my brain. A realization.

"You marry them." I whispered.

*****************************************

Louis' Point of View

"Alright Louis, don't screw this up ." I muttered to myself. I was baking cupcakes for Harry, and I couldn't find a teaspoon to measure the amount, so I was attempting to pour the vanilla extract from the small bottle into the bowl with the rest of the ingredients.

I really wanted these to turn out nice. Harry does so much for me, and what do I do for him? Nothing. I'm worthless in this relationship.

"Okay..." I took a deep breath. I slightly tilted the bottle, slowly dripping the vanilla into the batter.

"Louis!" Niall screamed as he burst through the kitchen door.

I jumped, causing half the bottle to spill into the bowl. I set the vanilla on the counter, and stomped my foot in frustration. "Damn it, Niall!"

He brushed off my obvious disappointment, and rushed to my side. "You have to go take a shower and get ready right now!" he exclaimed excitedly.

"What for?" I groaned, gazing miserably at my failed cake batter.

"We're going out. In twenty minutes." he said, trying to drag me away from the mess.

"Wait, Ni," I mumbled, yanking my arm from his grasp. "What are you talking about?"