HomeRun - Rizzles Fan Fiction

Homerun - Rizzoli and isles

Maura gets something for Jane's birthday.

Rated M for sexual content, adult content and language. Consensual sex between two women. Fem slash. One-shot.

I do not own the characters. This is for fun I'm not making a profit on this. Go easy on me, it's my first fan fiction.

Chapter 1

Jane's birthday was coming up and she would be 34 years old. Every year she got a little older and the only thing good about this year was that she had made plans with her best friend, Maura.

Jane was in the bullpen trying to finish her paperwork for the week, yet oddly the only thing on her mind was the BPD M.E.

Jane was the BPDS lead homicide detective and through numerous signs she could tell she was starting to develop more than just friendship feelings for her friend.

She made up in her mind; she would tell her Maura how she felt on her birthday. It will either be the best or the worst birthday she ever had depending on how it goes.

Jane was so distracted with her thoughts of Maura she didn't see the party favors being put into the lieutenant's office.

Maura was in the morgue busy trying to figure out what to get the lead detective for her birthday. She never really had any friends, but Jane was her best friend. This gift had to be perfect; it had to show Jane what she meant to her. A few days earlier she had overheard Jane telling Korsak that she wanted some tickets to the red sox game but that the good seats had been sold out. She remembered the look on Jane's face and sadness in her voice and knew what she would get her. So Maura called the stadium and began the arrangements.

As she hung up the phone, she smiled to herself knowing that Jane would absolutely love her gift and love her even more for it. Shutting everything down so she could run upstairs for the surprise office birthday party for Jane, she was surprised to see Jane leaning on the doorway of her office with a smirk on her face.

"Hey Maur, what are you grinning about?"

"Your birthday. I have the best gift for you! I'm so excited Jane."

"Really? What is it then?"

"Jane quit being childish I cannot lie but I will plead the 5th amendment as you say."

"Well, it's the night before my birthday, uh want to get a drink at the dirty robber?"

"Sure Jane." Maura replied, knowing that she was really taking Jane to the surprise party upstairs.

Maura's phone rang and seeing Korsak's name on the screen she knew that this was her cue to bring Jane upstairs for her party. "Jane hold on I need to take this, excuse me."

She ran into the office and confirmed the plans with Korsak and stated that she was on the way with the "package."

Jane, ever the detective, asked Maura, "who was that?"

"Korsak. Jane is something wrong?"

"No. Why would you say that?"

"Well, because you're rubbing your scars, it's a tale tell sign of when you're nervous or if something is bothering you."

"It's nothing, really." Jane smiled hoping it was enough to convince Maura. Deep down Jane was nervous, very nervous.

Maura put her arm in Jane's and they went upstairs to get Jane's things on the way out and to what Jane didn't know was her party.

When the elevator opened Jane was shocked at the loud happy birthday shout from her family and colleagues. A deep blush came across her face as she walked out to the balloons and gifts sitting at her desk and wore a big smile on her face.