Chapter Twenty-Three

Start from the beginning

My iPod was in my dressing room. I ran to get it and fished it out of my bag, sure that I could find something on here to distract myself with. It was in decent shape, despite me throwing it at the wall, as it had a pretty chunky case on it.

The first thought that came to mind was Youtube. I clicked the camera app and closed the dressing room door, attempting to shut out as much of the outside noise as possible. I was going to give my Youtube subscribers an update video from backstage.

“Hey guys,” I spoke into the camera, feeling stupid, but figuring that this was at least a way to distract myself that would entertain other people who watched the video as well.

“So, tonight’s obviously the finale, and I’m really, really, really nervous,” I told the camera. “So I figured I would make a little video for you guys to distract myself.”

Um...what the heck was I supposed to talk about? “So...yeah. I performed with Hayley Williams a while ago and...” I felt incredibly dim-witted.

I didn’t really know what to do, so I sort of just showed them my pretty outfit I was wearing, my dressing room, and the chaos raging on backstage outside of my dressing room as they got everything for the finale ready. Just a little look backstage for them, I suppose. They probably didn’t care.

“So...yeah, that’s pretty much all I have to say and I feel stupid right now, so I’m gonna go. Wish me luck!” I ended the video, not even sure if I was going to post it on Youtube or not. Eh, might as well.

I put it up on my channel, simply titling it, “Backstage During the Voice Finale” Honestly, I had no clue what sort of comments I would get on that.

I stayed in my dressing room until one of the makeup artists came to fetch me, saying that they needed to fix my makeup before I went back onstage. I had to sit still for about ten minutes while they did touch ups on that, but then I was free to go.

My heart pretty much stopped when I saw that there was only five more minutes before we would go onstage and Carson would announce the winner.

We headed onstage when it was time, and my heart was skipping beats. Peter and the Team Blake contestant seemed pretty nervous as well. So at least I wasn’t alone.

“First, I will announce the artist in third place,” Carson began, and my heart seemed to freeze.

“In third place is...” Carson called the name of the Team Blake contestant. I let out a tiny sigh of relief, but I was still nervous. I was in either first or second place.

“And now, I will announce the winner of Season 5 of The Voice,” Carson said, and my heart was pounding again.

“The winner is...” Carson continued.

The whole room seemed to freeze as Carson allowed for a dramatic pause. Get on with it already!

“Rebekah Leigh!”

My jaw dropped further than I thought was possible. I HAD WON THE VOICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was so expecting Peter to win, I thought he was so much better than me!

I gave Peter a huge hug and we congratulated each other. But before I could do much else, Adam was there pulling me into a huge hug.

I turned back to Peter and we just looked at each other for a moment, and I guess the little kid in us was just coming out, because we gave each other the hardest high five in existence.

“Oww,” I muttered, hand stinging, but I was laughing. I HAD WON! My dream was coming true, everything that I had wanted to accomplish on this show had happened! Now, I was going to get to record an album!

I was handed a huge trophy and a ton of confetti started falling. The audience was cheering like crazy, and I had the biggest grin plastered on my face. I just couldn’t believe it. Please, please don’t be a dream, I thought, because this was the best moment of my life.

After a few more minutes, we were brought outside, as there were a lot of reporters waiting to take pictures and ask questions. After what seemed to be forever, I had answered most of the questions they wanted answered. I finally got to sit down for a moment and rest my feet.

I hoped I had pleased whatever fans I had. Then I had an idea. I snuck back inside, grabbing my iPod from my dressing room, and then heading back outside.

I was going to make another video for my fans to post on Youtube.

“Hey guys,” I began once more, hoping they would be able to hear me over all the noise. “As you guys probably know, I just WON! So now, I’d like to thank you all for being supportive of me this whole time, and thank you guys SOOO much for voting for me! You guys are amazing and-”

I was interrupted as my iPod was snatched out of my hand. What the? I whirled around as quick as I could, and found that Adam had taken my iPod and was already running off with it, talking into the camera. Ugh, really?

“ADAM, GET BACK HERE RIGHT NOW!!!” I yanked my heels off, knowing I wouldn’t be able to run after him with those torture devices on.

“Give it!” I demanded when I got over to him. This was all still recording, wasn’t it?

“Nope.” He was grinning like crazy.

“Seriously?”

“Yep, you’re gonna have to get it from me if you want it,” he said confidently. I made a grab for it, but he just switched it to his other hand and held it up as high as he could. I tried to get it again, but couldn’t.

Just as I was about to grab it, it was snatched out of Adam’s hand.

“PETER!” We both yelled at the same time. Peter now had my iPod and was already making a beeline for his rental car.

“Oh no you don’t,” I laughed, running after him. Let me just say that the cement was very painful on my bare feet. Apparently, their version of fun was stealing my iPod. I had to admit, it was kind of funny.

By the time I got over to Peter, though, he was just laughing and handed my the iPod without protest.

Yep, it was still recording. Adam and Peter were being suck teenage boys. “Sorry about that,” I said into the camera. “Apparently the boys like stealing things.”

Ugh, boys. They were so annoying sometimes. Although, my life would suck without those two, so I couldn’t complain.

“Well, I got to go answer some more questions now,” I told the camera, spotting some more reporters coming this way. “But you guys are awesome, and I can’t wait to get some new music out for you!”

“I love you all!” I said one more time.

And with that, I stopped the recording.

[So, THIS IS THE END OF THIS FANFICTION. I've enjoyed writing this, and I hope you all have enjoyed reading it! Thanks for keeping up with my sucky chapters, I hope this last one was okay! Yeah, Beka winning the Voice was obviously predicted, but hey, it's all I could really do. I thought the three of them just playfully teasing each other would be a good way to end it, so that's what I did.

There won't be a sequel to this or anything, so I guess I'm off to start something new. I will post a separate chapter with Youtube links to all the songs they sang, though, so that you can easily listen to the ones you haven't heard. So, yeah. That's that. Thanks for reading!]

[OH, and I would really like to try to get this to 1000 reads in the next week! That's less than 100 reads, so can you guys help me do this by sharing with your friends? You guys have been awesome so far, and I know you can get this to 1000!]