Chapter One

I was going home, hopefully Erin's there because I really need to talk to her. Heartbreak is never the ending of a story.
It was mid June, Jason and I had an argument about whether he was cheating or not. Why do guys have to be this way?

Erin opened the door to the apartment, thank God she's here. "Let me guess, Jason?" she said as soon as she saw me. I had a red nose and puffy eyes, I think it was obvious I cried. She let me in and we went to my bedroom.

Erin is my best friend, but it wasn't always that way. Her mom is like a mother to me, since my mom never really treated me like one. "So what happened this time?" Erin asked me. You see she asked me as if it was so typical because well, it was. Jason and I would constantly fight, whether it was about someone else or each other. And Erin would always be the first to know.

"He might be cheating on me... but then again, I really believe he isn't" Erin sighs. "You'll always believe everything he tells you. Look at the facts, he's never really around anymore. That girl, Ruby is always with him when I see him on campus. He only calls you to cancel on you. Please open your eyes" I thought about what she said for a few seconds. "You just don't know him like I do. You think that every time he calls me to cancel is a lie, but it's not. The next day he can prove it to me, and he always makes it up to me. I love him Erin, I obviously don't want to believe it" she sighed again. She knew I was right, she knew that my facts were also so right. The only thing is, how am I supposed to know if she's right or not?

"When are you going to talk to him?" she sounded a bit worried. "I don't know, hopefully later today" I just want to get this over with but at the same time I'm scared to hear what he has to say. I still remember the day we first met. It was a year ago. I saw him two days before school started. I went with Erin to this party her boyfriend was at. I remember I told her I didn't want to, but of course I was going to go because, well she always gets me stuck in these things.

"Come on, lets go! Mike is going to be worried if we don't get there. You know how protective he is" Erin called out, rushing me out of the bathroom. "You want me to go, don't rush me" I told her while chuckling. I walked out of the bathroom "What do you think?" Erin looked a bit mad, or upset. "Go back in there and put something on that you wouldn't just wear on a lazy Sunday" I was wearing blue jeans and a white tee with my vans.

I walked back out wearing some tight black jeans, a plain white crop top that wasn't short enough to show off my belly button. I still had my vans on though, hopefully Erin was alright with it. "Really?" she sighed "You're not wearing a dress so you can't make me wear one" I fought right back. "Fine, lets just go, those jeans fit you real good so that's enough" I wasn't sure what she meant by that but I ignored it.

We got to the party and there were people out on the front yard, laughing with drinks in their hands. I was already starting to feel uncomfortable. We walked in and Mike was right across from us. He walked up to us and kissed Erin. "Hey Abby!" Mike said I responded with a simple 'hi' back. It was really loud, I could barely hear what they were talking about. Erin then walked away with Mike, leaving me alone. Great, I knew this was going to happen. It always does.

"Are you lost beautiful?" I heard a masculine voice behind me, I felt myself start to panic but tried calming down. I turned around and there was this guy. He was very close to me, so close that when I turned around my nose touched his chest. He was tall and slightly tan, muscular too. I looked up at him and just took a sip from the cup Mike had handed me before he took off. He smiled at me and chuckled a little, then I realized I hadn't answered him. "I'm sorry, what did you say?" I acted as if I didn't hear him. He just kept looking into my eyes, as if he was looking for something. "I said you're beautiful" he said, I started to feel my cheeks heat up. I really didn't want to blush. "Uh... uh thanks" I choked. He smiled again. "Did you come alone?" I took another sip "I came with a friend but she took off with her boyfriend" I looked down "Who's your friend?" he asked, his lips brushed my ear. I looked for Erin but didn't find her. Then I saw Mike and pointed at him "He's the boyfriend" he chuckled and said "Mike? He's a cool guy" I just looked at him in confusion. He smiled and took my hand. We walked into the kitchen, it was a bit more quiet in there. "Are you new in school?" I shook my head. He looked at me so confused, as if he needed to know me. "Sophomore" I said and just looked around, Mike and Erin then walked in. "Hey you met Jason" Mike said then I looked at Erin. Jason was still holding my hand so I got out of his grip, then I saw Erin smile. Great now I have to explain this to her.