Chapter 1 - The Hangover

Începe de la început

My hotel room had no patio doors; in fact the curtains to my room had been a very ugly light blue with giant flowers all over it, and I remembered Cathy commenting how her grandmother had a couch that would match it.

I bolted up in the sitting position, causing the room to go into full tilt mode, but I ignored it and looked around the room frantically. It was obviously a hotel room, but not my room! Had I just stumbled into some random room?

My eyes traveled through the large luxurious room until it came to the foot of the bed. My heart stopped beating. There was a pair of feet in my bed ... feet that did not belong to me. Oh god ... I swallowed the massive wave of nausea that hit me. I slowly let my eyes travel up the feet that were poking out the white sheet. They were connected to a pair of legs. Legs that undoubtedly belong to man or a woman who needed to get acquainted with a razor.

The man's legs were all tangled up in the sheet. I followed the line of flesh and sheet that curved to his backside ... I tried to not linger too long on that part. My eyes kept traveling up until I reached his back, which was uncovered. The stranger was on his stomach with his head turned away from me. He was rather tall, his feet dangled off the bed by at least six inches, while his head was near the headboard.

He had the build of some sort of mythical warrior – well, from the back he did. From his thick shoulders and biceps, to the perfect curves in his back, he was a work of art and to compliment that art was a giant tattoo between his shoulder blades. A ghostly figure of a dark angel with its arms open stared back at me. I shivered and quickly averted my eyes from the dark figure, but in doing so my eyes landed on another tattoo which was on his bicep, a giant Celtic cross. Feeling flushed, I finished my quick assessment of my mysterious bed partner. He had a full head of midnight black hair, which was quite messy and looking as frazzled as I felt.

Who was this man? And where the hell was I?

My adrenaline finally decided to jump-start and I rolled out of bed like it had caught fire. I looked around wildly, unsure what I should do. Never in my life had I been in a situation like this. I looked around in a panic and unable to control my body any longer I started to hop on one foot then on the other shaking my hands in front of me.

-"Oh god, oh god ..." I mumbled to myself.

I looked down, and to my horror I was naked.

Still feeling the alcohol in my system, my thinking was slow but my current situation came crashing down on me. I was not in my room and I probably had sex with a stranger I didn't remember. My breathing came in short puffs as my heart began to race like I had just run a marathon. I needed clothes, now! Scanning the room frantically, I spotted my tank top and bra near the front door. I dove for them and dressed in record time, all the while keeping an eye on the mysterious, beautiful stranger.

-"Where are my pants!" I quietly cried, dramatically shaking my hands.

I rushed around the room as stealthily as I could, and found the jeans slung over one of the chairs. I slipped them on until I remembered I had no underwear on. Where the hell are they? In a rush I pulled up my jeans, keeping my wild eyes scanning the room, but as I fastened the button on my trousers I felt something hard in my pocket.

My phone!

Not wasting another second, I woke the phone from its sleep, which was muted. I had refused to take any calls. When the phone's bright screen came on it informed me I had over fifty missed calls. Without looking I already knew some were from the wedding guests, while the rest were from my mother. I dismissed them and quickly dialed Cathy's number, which I knew by heart.