First Day of School

Amelia's POV

I sighed walking up the steps of my new school ; New York Heights.
Thanks to my moms' new position as a doctor she got transferred into Medical York Hospital cause they "needed" a doctor like her in the city.

My dad is a producer , majority of the times he gets to produce some celebrities videos but other than that he keeps it simple , producing Radom people's video. He's professional though.

So according to my parents "plans" I'm the only child , it's nice but gets really boring at times. That's why I have a cousin name Maggie that spends most of her time by me 😂 than her own house .... But now , that's changed , I live in New York and she's in Florida.

Looking up from my schedule I find that it was pretty easy to find my locker. The school is big really ; home of the Panthers. Yay 😶 (sarcasm)

Other than the students starring me down , that's not what I'm worried bout , I'm NOT finna be sitting at a bench by myself during lunch. I'm not trying to be one of those new awkward students who sit in the bathroom with their lunch on their first day.

Ew

Not saying that friends are a must or I have to make them but I rather sit in McDonalds by myself.

"okayyy ... Biology first , great" I mumble to myself while studying my schedule for all my classes today.

"Hello" a redhead said joining pace with me. She looks to be about 5'4 with pale white skin and cute little freckles on her nose and cheeks "I'm rose... On behalf of New York Heights welcoming committee, I'd love to say welcome" she smile wide.

"Oh , ummm ... Hi , thank you , I'm Amelia" I said stopping and turning to her a little as she stops too.

"Amelia, yes I know who you are. What's ya first class?"

"I have biology..."

"Cool , me too ... Let's go"
She grabbed my hand and two doors down we were in front of our class.

~

The first half of the day went by pretty. Thank God.

Rose is such a nice girl. She showed me where to go when we didn't had a class together, which was like once. She stayed by my side allll day. I learned that she has 2 brothers Ron and Ryan ,resulting in her being the only girl and youngest. Ron is off to college at uni , he's 20 and her other brother ; Ryan goes to this school. He's 18.
I also learned that she has a boyfriend named Kevin who I've already met.

"You don't mind sitting with us right?... Me and my friends"? Rose asked with a small smile as we entered the cafeteria.

"Not a problem.. Your such a life saver. I thought I was gonna have to go in the stalls and eat" I joked seriously

"Your so funny" she chuckled

We got our lunch and walked up to a table where Kevin was sitting and 2 girls I don't know.

"Hey babe" rose greeted Kevin , placing a peck on his cheek.

"Hey baby". They started to make small talk amongst theirselves but immediately stop.

"Oh I'm sorry Amelia , this is my bestfriend Lina , she said pointing to the blond girl with sea blue eyes.

Gheese she's beautiful. No homo tho.

"And my cousin. Sheltina". She's pretty also. With waist length brown hair and haZel green eyes.

"Nice to meet you girls" I greeted with a smile and they returned , saying the same thing.

Lunch was good. I scanned the cafeteria, taking in the site before me. I noticed how everyone had their lil group at their own tables , socializing. And at least 1 or 2 tables filled with "popular" people.

"Hey sis .." I turned my head to look at the person.
A cream colored skin boy stood across from our table talking with rose. This must be her brother Ryan. He had ALOT of hair and at the moment it was pulled back into a pony tale. And he is very cute.

"I won't be going home right after school. I've got football practice" he ensured her.

Of course. He must be the "high school goddess". He's on the football team and he's hot.

"Okay. I guess I'll tell mom"

Yup. Her brother.

I watched as he walked away and sat at one of the the tables that stood out. Right next to a girl , she's pretty actually.. She looks sensible, she has long brown hair that reaches right before her waist. She's dressed in a skater skirt with a nice fitted white blouse and white flats.

~

Lunch was over and I'm currently sitting in my last period ; Maths
Ugh. Maths has always been a struggle for me but I'm getting better .. For my own good.

"Excuse me , what time is it?" A soft voice asked. I looked up and met eyes with a hazel pair.

"Oh ummm.." I trailed off looking at my wrist watch "it's 2:44".

"Thank you" she smiled "I'm Ann by the way , your new right?"
She questioned.

"Yea , I'm Amelia Collins" I replied with a smile.
She turned around to finish her work and so did I.

The bell rang couple minutes later indicating that school was finished for the day.
I packed up my stuff and head out of the big school. I stood in the front waiting for my dad.

I saw rose and Kevin talking by a dark blue BMW along with a group of people but they were to theirselves. My eyes wander off , looking at nothing particular and they focused in on Ryan. He had his hand locked with Ann's own ; they were leaning on a white Porsche car. They kissed and he walked off into the direction of the field.

~

My dad picked me up and carried us for Chinese take out cause mom was working tonight and It'll be too late to cook

"So how was school?" My dad asked with his eyes glued to the TV.

Me and my dad was always close. We have this bond that I won't explain As father and daughter but more as bestfriend relationship. Lol.

"I fought today" I glared looking at my dad from the corner of my eyes.

"Amelia ... You lie , ugh on the first day mane? Moms gonna cut ya ass. I'm not getting in this one" he said while waving his hands in the air.
"At least tell me you won , it was your first day melia"

I burst out laughing.

"Lol dad .. I'm kiddingg" I chuckled. "It was actually quite nice , I made friends 😏"

"My girlll" he says while putting my head in a head lock and rubbing his knuckles on my head.