Spare Parts Downstairs

Hello! So sorry this is a bit late, but I've been busy- ok that'a a lie. I actually haven't been busy and that's the problem, having all this time I get forgetful. It's horrible! I'll be busy again next week with my bronze cross course (fingers crossed!) so, yay! Anyways enough excuses and rambling. A bit of a short chapter but I'll post the next one really soon. Enjoy!

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

The steps creaked loudly and I thought that at any moment we would be caught and it would all be over. Surprisingly enough no red-faced, snarling teacher jumped out of the woodwork (or metalwork I suppose in this case) to apprehend us.

The blueish glow grew stronger and stronger the further we got down the staircase. By the time we reached the bottom it was quite clear that this was definitely not any regular school basement.

Futuristic computer parts and technology were strewn around, large tubes filled with a clear liquid stood in a line by a wall and containers with what seemed to be human parts (like eyes, mouths and noses) inside. The most out-of-place-looking things in the room though were the most normal: a black, baby grand piano and a blue, police call box from the sixties.

Bewildered, John and I took in the scene.

"Hello!" A cheery, female voice called. We both jumped so high our heads hit the ceiling. "Over here," it beckoned.

Suddenly I was struck with a memory. The piano was mine! And that box... why was it so familiar? A name also resounded in my head: Wolf.

John looked over at me cautiously and we made a silent agreement. We strode slowly over to the source of the voice. I gave the table closest to me a cursory glance for anything that could possibly be repurposed as a makeshift weapon as I walked by, but to no avail.

As we turned the corner we both stopped in shock at what awaited us.

A sole television stood in the middle of an empty room. It was old, the kind that you need vacuum tubes for and your grandma claims is "new fan-dangled technology". It was on and seemed to be set on a black and white TV program that fit the set. A news anchor smiled out at us.

"Are you sitting comfortably? Good. Then we shall begin."