Chapter Two: Recipe For Madness

Author's Note!: This chapter is dedicated to the wonderful PlayingWithFire, who made me this lovely cover. Now, on with the show :)

Chapter Two: Recipe For Madness

"All men are prepared to accomplish the incredible if their ideals are threatened." - Maya Angelou

~*~*~*~*~

Alex's P.O.V

"Glad you made it," I grinned at Macy, who'd just got in her car. Her eyes widened considerably as she took in my--extremely handsome--body. I had my feet up on the dashboard, and I lying back comfortably in the car. She looked as if she wanted to faint.

"I thought...I thought...you left." She said, clearly at a loss for words. Probably because I was so spectacular. I smirked at her. "Darling, now that I've found you, I'll never leave you alone," I winked, and she blushed. I was funny, because every word I said was true. She was going to help me, whether she liked it or not. Though, it'd be better if she wanted to, I thought.

"W-why?" She stuttered. I shrugged casually. "I've been looking a long time for someone who could help me. In the past, I've found other girls to help me, but they were all useless." She nodded slowly. "What do you want me to help you with?" 

"Well, I want you to help me be alive again." She gasped. "You, you aren't alive?" She practically screamed in my ear. I winced. "Hey, sweetheart, don't yell so loud. I may be dead, but I'm not deaf. Nor do I want to be." She muttered an apology under her breath, along with some insults I pretended not to hear. "Are you a vampire or something?" She asked me seriously, but I inturrupted her with a howl of laugher. "This isn't Twilight, Macy. I'm a ghost." I heard her sharp intake of breath, saw the slight shake of her head, and then witnessed something surprising; she laughed. 

"A ghost? Seriously, dude? You think you're a ghost? What the hell is wrong with you? Did you escape from the crazy house?" I blinked. What the hell was wrong with this girl? 

"I'm serious!" I cried out, and she just shook her head again. "Obviously you're delusional." I snorted loudly, angrily. This girl, I swear to god...I clenched my fists.

"Listen, Macy. What do I have to do to prove it to you?" She smirked. "Can you fly?" I frowned. Humans and thei imaginations. "Well, no..." I wrung my hands.

"Then you aren't a ghosts. Ghosts fly." She pulled up to a house, which I presumed to be hers. It was tall; at least three stories. It had a two car garage, and a giant window covered a wall from the bottom to the top. It was made all out of stone. I gaped at her. 

"You live here? What are you, a billionaire?" She got out of the car, which I suddenly noticed seemed very new, and walked towards the door. I walked out as well, going straight through the door and after her. I jogged to catch up with her easily.

"Why are you bringing me to your place?" I asked her skeptically. "Well, I'm going to call the hospital to see where you escaped from," she hed the door open and waved for me to go inside ahead of her. I did so, and heard the door closing behind me. A woman came towards us. Or, rather, Macy. This was going to be fun. 

"Macy, you're back," she stated rather coldly. "Where were you?" I heard Macy's annoyed sigh. Ah, the wes of a teenager. "I was visiting Sally." Her voice was rather emotionless, for someone who I'd caught pouring her heart out to a grave only minutes earlier.

"Mother, this is Alex," she waved beside her, at me. Her mother looked at me, then at Macy. "Macy, no one is there," Macy looked absolutely stunned. I let out a guffaw and had to hold me stomach, I was laughing so hard. She looked again at her mother. "You can't hear him laughing?"

"Macy, no one's there," she repeated more slowly. Macy shook her head furiously. "No, he's there! Alex, tell my mom you're there!" I looked at her for a minute. Into her bright green eyes, that were pleading. She resembled a puppy, almost, with her sad eyes. 

Were I weaker, I would've showed myself to her mother. Scratch that, if I was totally insane, like Macy thought I was.

"Nah, I think I'll pass." I grinned at her. "Sucks to have people think you're crazy, doesn't it?"

~*~*~*~*~

Author's Note (again): So I understand this chapter isn't the best. Or is that just me? It's just one of those chapters you hate while you're writing it...

Anyways, vote/comment/fan. Point out any mistakes, and I know there will be some. I did a terrible job proofreading :P

xoxo, ScrewTheRules