☕Light At The End Of The Tunnel☕

Start from the beginning

Where was anyone who could come to his rescue?  

☕ 

When he opened his eyes again, there was darkness. Nothing but emptiness and pitch blackness. 

The boy shook and screamed out for help. He didn't like the darkness and he didn't want to sit in it. Not again. He didn't want to be swallowed whole by lonliness ever again. He sobbed harder.

"Harry," a voice calls out to him. "Honey what's wrong?"

The darkness fades instantly, and it's replaced by a luminous light clouding his peripheral vision. Then, he saw the most beautiful thing he could ever imagine. It was his husband.

"Louis?"

The man looks at him pitifully, bringing his hand up to caress the tears coming down Harry's cheeks. "Oh, Darling. Another nightmare?"

Harry tears up again, allowing Louis to bring him into his chest.

"It was so bad this time," he cried. "I could feel everything that was happening to me."

Louis kissed his head and murmured that everything was OK. That Louis had him and he'd never let anyone hurt him.

"I'm sorry, baby. I wish I could make these nightmares go away forever. But there isn't much I can do to help. Maybe we should see that professional again."

"Every psychiatrist expects too much of me on my first visit. I don't just open up to anyone," he whispers sadly. "I can't. I don't have the strength to look another person in the eye and tell them all that my father did to me and tried to do with me. I'm sorry."

Louis understands completely. "And you don't have to. I just don't know what to do."

Harry lifts his head to look in the direction of Harry's favorite nightlight. It was suppose to serve a purpose, and that was to make Harry feel more comfortable if and when he woke up at all hours of the night in a frenzy. Louis can't seem to reach his husband fast enough, let alone wake up in time to comfort Harry before he begins to panic.

"The bulb must have blew, love. I'm sorry. I'll get you a new nightlight."

"No! Please, don't leave me! He'll get me, and he'll touch me! She'll see to it!"

Harry slaps a hand over his mouth, embarrassed. He could be left alone for 3 minutes. He's not a child.

"Oh Hazza. OK, I won't, then. You can sleep in my arms tonight. And every other night if you want." Louis tilts his chin to place a soft kiss to his young husband's lips. He softly smooths his thumb over Harry's ear and it helps. Everything Louis does just helps.

Harry pulls away, distracted. "You shouldn't have too. This has been going on for so many years, but what if I need to go away on business and I have to be left alone one night in my hotel? Or- or you get upset with me and you go sleep on the couch so you don't have to deal with me? I just feel so silly when I wake you up every other night because I'm so afraid of what can't even hurt me anymore."

"That man that gave life to you may be locked away, but he obviously left you with scars that still haven't healed. We can work through this if we work together."

Harry released a shaky sigh. "This was the reason why Niall was there the night you came for me in my dorm back in University. I was so afraid of the dark, and that my mother would be in it, and she'd call me a slut and let my father....treat me like one," he sobs. "I'm so afraid, Louis. I'm 24 years old and I'm still afraid of the dark and my parents."

"Those aren't your parents, Haz." Louis tells him firmly. Mr. and Mrs. Horan are your true parents. Those were monsters that you lived in, and they've been hiding under your bed your whole life....excuse the expression."