II.

I was in the food court when someone put their hand on my shoulder.

"Miss Harper?" said a voice. I turned around in my chair to see a person that I didn't know. They had a hood on, so I saw them as an enemy. I backed away a bit, as much as I could in my seat. "No, no, don't be alarmed, I'm here to help." I sighed in relief.

"What is it?"

"I may know who the person is that saved you. We need to talk about this somewhere else, I don't want anyone knowing who I am," He reached out his hand, and I hesitated to take it. I finally did after thinking for a bit, but this felt awkward. I stood up and walked to my hospital room with him. I got weird stares from some people, but I didn't take them offensively.

Once we were in the room, he shut the door and took off his red hood. Damn, he was hot.

"Who are you..? I feel like I know you from somewhere..."

"I'm Jack. Jack Gilinsky." My jaw almost dropped to the floor. That was Jack freaking Gilinsky. How the hell was he going to help me? "Please don't tell anyone about this, okay? I don't want anyone knowing I'm here. I think I might know the person who saved you, but he just hopped on the first flight to Virginia."

"Wait, who is it?" Jack pulled out his phone and showed me a picture of an attractive young man who seemed about my age.

"This is Matthew Espinosa. Do you know him?"

"I do now, but before that I've never seen him."

"Well, he's the one who saved you. He saw you in the window of a man's house while he was out long boarding. He stopped and called 911, but then quickly left because he didn't know what the man who was beating you would do. He told me what the address was, and I told him I would find out who you were. You're Leena Harper, right?"

"Yes, who else would I be?"

"Sorry, stupid question to ask. But, anyways, Matt really wanted to meet you, but he was only here for a while to hang out with me and Jack Johnson. He had to leave this morning. When he saw you it was his first day here."

"Why didn't he come and visit me?"

"We hadn't gotten your information yet. I told him that I would go out to see you right after I got your records and information. I got it an hour after he had landed in virgina."

"Can I talk to him?"

"Yes, of course," Jack said, giving me his phone. I looked up at him. "Don't be nervous, he's a great guy. Don't worry." I hit the phone button. I heard the phone ring.

Once.

Twice.

Three ti-

"Hello?" I froze up for a second. Jack nodded.

"Hello, this is L-Leena Harper," I said into the phone speaker, shaking.

"Who?"

"T-the girl that you s-saved..." The end of his phone was dead silent. It took a bit for him to respond.

"Jack found your information?" He asked quickly. I could hardly make out his words.

"Y-yes..."

"Holy shit, I-..."

"Yeah..."

"Well, are you okay? How are you doing?"

"I'm fine, but h-he got away."

"I'm so sorry I didn't stay... I-" he choke up and I swear he was crying. I began to tear up.

"It's okay, w-what matters now is that we are b-both safe. Please don't cry, Matt."