Chapter 1: Back at it Again

WELCOME BACK TO THE WORLD OF BETHANY FORD!!! BUT EVEN BETTER!!!!!! :) and more hot Dick Grayson... :) ;)

I just wanted to thank all of those loyal fans who stayed with me, even through the SUPER long break I took from writing this book. I can't do a shoutout like I originally planned to because there were just TOO MANY of you guys that voted and commented and followed! I hope you guys enjoy!

I've missed you guys so much!

*Two years after the fight with Kelli.*

Bethany's POV:

The light was bouncing harshly off the pavement. An aura of power, authority, and professionalism emanated from the large tinted glass building that was glimmering against the sunlight. But despite all of the building's beauty, it was still a kingdom of secrets. After all, this was where my father died. Maybe. That's what we were here to find out.

I took a deep nervous breath. I looked down at my crazy disguise again: a black suit jacket, freshly ironed white blouse, a black pencil skirt (a little too short for my comfort), and black Louis Vuitton pumps that made my feet sweat, and an obnoxious Gucci purse was hanging from my elbow. I felt like I was Barbie dressed as a business woman.

"Ugh, why do I have to be dressed like this?" I breathed into my comms unit. It was concealed with a business looking bluetooth earpiece. I felt like I couldn't breathe right in the pushup bra that Zatanna had dressed me in that morning. I was really hating the fact that Bruce was ultra rich and had entrusted Zatanna to buy me an "expensive business outfit." According to Bruce, everyone that worked at this place was super successful, so I had to wear similar clothing.

"You need to look the part." Bruce's monotone voice floated into my ear.

"In my eyes, she only stands out more." A low voice said near me. I looked over at Dick's towering figure. He was wearing a dark suit, which really accentuated his broad shoulders and fit body. He was lean, slim, and toned, and his muscles were more defined now. His dark hair had grown until it curled at the base of his neck. He towered over me, a figure of pure power and strength. His electric blue eyes were looking me over approvingly. He'd really grown in the past two years.

"If anything," He continued, "She looks even sexier."

I punched him, ignoring the blush creeping across my face. He threw his head back and laughed at my reaction.

"Ew, ugh, yuck! Remember that we can hear you, too!" Tim's boyish voice called in the comms unit.

"Oh give them a break, Robin," Barbara's amused voice sounded in my ear, "They're young and in loooove!" She sing-songed. Her and Tim laughed together. You could hear Bruce's sighs at how childish we all were.

Dick's cocky grin hadn't left his face the entire time. He took a step towards me and put a hand on my cheek, guiding me to face him. He leaned in close, saying, "You do look really pretty."

I took a step away from him, clutching the Gucci purse (that Zatanna had also bought with Bruce's money) tightly to keep from shaking nervously.

"Well, don't get used to it," I managed to say, "I'm not wearing this stuff again."

Dick pouted, "Why not?"

"This is definitely not my style. This is more of Zatanna's style."

"Here let me take your purse. You're shaking. And I'm bored..." Dick haled out his hand towards me.

I extended the purse towards him, and sure enough, my arm was shaking.