One Small Trip First

"Nathan, is that you?"

She's okay! She isn't dead! "Brooklyn. It's me. How are you not dead?"

She giggled a little and it was adorable. "You make it sound like you want me dead."

"I'm so glad you're okay." Tears of joy began to run down my face.

"If I almost died, what happened to me?"

I don't want to tell her but she needs to know. "A black arrow came flying through the window and pierced your chest." I could barley look her in the eye but when I did I saw her confusion. "Brooklyn, you could've died." A tear began to fall down my face. "I've lost enough people I love already!"

"I can never see Emily again..." She said as her mind wandered  off into space. 

"I know she was your best friend and all but you need to let go." 

"What? Sorry I wasn't listening. I was thinking about how you're gonna tell my parents." Oh great I didn't think of that. 

"They're never gonna know right?" I asked.

"It depends." She giggled again. "Can I keep my dog?" 

"Yes."

"Can I get a bunny?"

"Yes"

"Can I go get ice cream?"

"Brooklyn, you just died, and you want ice cream?"

"Yep. Then we can go to this magical world my parents live in."

It was a debate in my head but hey live your life in the moment. "Fine"

When we got to the ice cream shop, I saw a strange man that I could have sworn I recognized. He turned away from me and walked away. I have no idea what is up with that guy. "Hey Brooklyn we're here."

"Wow. This place is just like what it was when we were litt-" 

At that moment she was snatched away from me. I was scared I would never see her again. I've lost enough of my family to give up now so I ran after him. "Brookl-" Then everything went black.

 ATTENTION READERS!

I didn't want to say yolo so I just typed "Live your life in the moment" and don't worry they're fine... or not. Think about what I have previously written in my book...