Chapter 1: Meeting Carter

Chapter 1:

It all began one day at Forrester Creations, the famous fashion company founded by Steffy's grandparents, Eric & Stephanie Forrester.

Steffy had been talking with her father Ridge concerning some news about Hope For The Future, one of FC's most successful fashion lines. It was a very interesting conversation.

"Who could have leaked this news to Radar Online?" asked RIdge angrily. "I don't know, Dad, but I do know that Hope didn't do it herself. She's worked very hard to make that line a success," said Steffy. Ridge was surprised by that comment.

"I'm surprised that you believe that, Steffy. I mean, you two are not the best of friends," said Ridge. "I know, Dad, but I'm tired of hating her. I just want this rivalry between us to end," said Steffy sadly. Ridge just sighed. He felt so bad for his daughter.

Steffy had been through so much ever since Ridge's marriage to her mother Taylor had ended. Form the death of her twin sister Phoebe to her two marriages to Liam Spencer to her rivalry with Hope Logan, Steffy felt that she had been through hell.

Now here was a professional crisis that threatened to put FOrrester Creations on its heels, & Steffy knew that her dad has no idea how to handle it.

"I'm sure Granddad will think of something to combat these rumors, Dad," said Steffy. Ridge just nodded. He knew his daughter was right on that part.

Ridge then suddenly remembered something. "Steffy, could you take these papers over to Carter Walton's office? He told me they were important," he said. "Sure, Dad," said Steffy who then hugged her father. She then took the file containing the documents & left.

As she made her way to his office, Steffy felt herself shake. Like everyone else, she liked Carter & had a lot of respect for him. Sure, she didn't know him personally except that he was the older, adopted brother of her ex Marcus Forrester. Still, she did think that he was very handsome.

Meanwhile, Carter Walton was going through some emails he had received, but work wasn't on his mind.

Something he had found on the Internet had. Something involving his ex, Maya Avant.

Ever since she had broken off their engagement & had gotten back together with Rick Forrester, who was now her fiance, Carter had been burying himself in work, thinking that it would help him.

However, it had made things worse.

Since Maya was still a spokeswoman for Hope For The Future, Carter had deal with seeing her pretty much every day. Seeing her with Rick & seeing that gorgeous diamond ring on her finger made Carter furious. He couldn't believe that she had moved on.

Now as he found himself staring into space, he wondered to himself if he would ever be happy again.

Then he was shaken out of his thoughts by someone yelling out, "Ow! God danmit!!"

Carter ran over to the woman he saw, who was wearing a navy blue pantsuit, to see if she was OK.

"Are you OK?" he asked. "I'm fine. I think I dropped your file," said the woman whose voice Carter didn't really recognize.

When she looked up at him & their eyes met was when he realized who she was.

Carter found himself looking into the beautiful blue eyes of Steffy Forrester.