New outlook

"Oh man..." I practically moan as I eat my last bite of my moms famous Mac n' cheese. It's so good, I haven't had it in months. With her schedule at work, we hardly ever eat together.

"Thank you" I tell her with a smile as I take my plate to the sink. She kisses my cheek and heads upstairs to get ready for work. After quickly washing the dishes I decide to watch some tv In the living room.

Mom comes back downstairs and grabs her car keys, "I have to go now sweetie, be safe. Lock the doors and I will see you tomorrow" she calls from the front door.

"Okay, have a good shift, love you"

"Love you too" she yells as she walks out the door. I hear her car start, and then she's gone.

4 hours into binge watching the Big Bang theory, my body is begging for some movement. I decide to take a late walk through the woods, I quickly grab my thick black coat and pull on my boots before heading out.

Most people would be scared to walk alone in the woods at night. But the idea thrills me, since my wolf is starting to emerge within me. I want to be near the earth, near the wilderness. It will only be a matter of time before I change, this part of me would no longer be dormant.

I slowly found the pathway in the woods and began to walk, letting my mind wander.

'Crack' a noise in the woods makes me jump. I turn quickly to see who, or what's there. I faintly see a figure behind me.

"What do you want?" I growl, getting ready to protect myself .

The figure walks into the light and I realize it's none other than my mate to be, Loki.

"LOKI! What on earth are you doing out here? Are you stalking me now?" I ask suspiciously.

"What? No! I came to see you and you weren't in the house, so I followed your scent" he says quickly.

"Right - sorry, I don't know why I'm so jumpy. You just really freaked me out" I say, feeling bad for how I reacted.

"So, I heard you saw my grandpa today? How'd it go?"

"It was good, we spoke about" I pause, "lots of things."

He comes over to stand beside me and look straight into my eyes.

"Like?" He proves gently as we begin to walk back towards the house.

"Our future, if you really want to know" I say trying to be casual.

"I truly am going to be a good mate to you, I promise. I won't let you go - ever" he says with such seriousness that I take a step away.

He scratches his head awkwardly and tries to smile, "shouldn't have said that, should I?"

I shake my head no, and he laughs. This is exactly what confuses me about him, it's just strange how he acts.

We see the house finally and I turn to ask him to leave. "So I'm not sure what you need but I'm really busy okay?"

"Yeah for sure, I'll get out of your way" he says while looking at me with such sincerity need sleep" I say right away as if on cue I yawn. I feel my legs wobble a little and I almost lose my balance.

He steps forward quickly, sweeping me off my feet and holding me to his chest. "Let me go!" I say half-heartedly.  He chuckles and walks towards my house. I decide to tell him he can't come in when he shocks me. He walks right into the house and plops me on the couch. He didn't even wait to ask if he could come in? He flashes me a smile and heads out towards the back door.

I'm so confused by what Just happened, Loki was being sweet?! I try to stay awake but my eyelids droop. I close my eyes and let sleep take over.