Chapter 5 "Explanations"

Bắt đầu từ đầu

“Boyfriend stealer.” She said in a low, dark voice.

“I’m sorry what?” I retorted a little impatiently. “I’m coming here to make sure you’re okay, not be insulted.”

“You know what I’m talking about. I saw it all happen. Steven asked you to the movies and you said yes.”

Suddenly it clicked in my head. Had she sneaked out after I had because she was still suspicious from dinner and she must’ve only seen that one part. And that’s why she ran off, because she thought her best friend had betrayed her and as well as her crush. STUPID!

“Excuse me?” Max intruded my deep thought.

“Okay, I’m only going to explain this once so pay attention. Especially you loopy!” I pointed at her, and she looked offended. “Steven was nervous about asking Olivia out, so I said he could practice on me. Olivia was still suspicious and didn’t trust her best friend!” I put emphasize on those words. “So she must’ve come down and only saw that one last part.” After that Max looked a relieved, but Olivia was still looking mad.

“I still don’t believe you.” Olivia retorted. “OW! Where did all these stiches come from? They hurt!” She was off of loopy gas.

“If you don’t believe me then believe this. I love Max. Only Max. I can’t love anybody else, because no one is the same as Max.” And without another word I left both of them standing in the room, dumbstruck or feeling regretful of accusing one. When I walked through the waiting room I didn’t acknowledge anyone and flew out the door. Tears started to fall as I realized I probably ruined the greatest friendship I had ever had. I didn’t know why I had just said that. One thing was for sure that it was true. I was just so mad at Olivia for not believing me I had to say something to change her mind.

Footsteps echoed behind me. Probably Max wanting to tell me that he just wanted to be friends and didn’t want to jeopardize what we might still have. Before he could say anything I spoke.

“I know you probably don’t feel the same way and I’m fine with that. We can still be friends but I will always love you. Okay.” I spun around and was greeted by and old lady with a walker. “Oh. Sorry I thought you were someone else.” Her face was filled with pure shock and she stomped her walker on my foot and walked on by. “JERK!” I yelled after her. I sat down on the hood of the car and put my head between my knees.

“What have I done?” I mumbled.

“Something I haven’t had the nerve to do since we met.” Said a voice from beside me. I looked up and knew my face was blotchy and red. The way it got when I cried. Max was standing next to me. And he climbed onto the hood and took my hand.

“What?” I choked. My throat felt like it had big lump in it.

“I’ve always wanted to tell you that too. But I didn’t think you would feel the same way.” He answered. I laughed and hopped down from the hood. I hugged him and he hugged me back. We stayed like that for a while.

“Olivia believes you now.” He whispered in my ear.

“Good.” I responded. We walked through the doors hand in hand and I found Olivia standing next to Steven with her hands together.

“I’m sorry I yelled at you, I should’ve believed you and you were only trying to help me have a great relationship and…” She was stopped by my hand.

“You had every right to be suspicious.” I replied. Olivia and I hugged quickly. We all stood in silence.

“I don’t want to seem rude or conceited,” Madison began, “But where will I go?” We all exchanged glances and I nodded.

“Welcome to the team.” I announced. Her face was filled with pure shock.

“You’re not serious. I don’t know the first thing about weather…” She protested but Olivia interrupted her.

“Yes you do. Your dad was a weather man and usually when you were 16 you would lead the weather forecast. So don’t go acting all innocent and helpless.” Olivia snapped.

“Well alright then.” Madison replied. We all loaded up in our cars. Max and I were in the “Texas28”, Daniella and Tyler were in “The Navigator”, Olivia was in her camera van with Steven, and in the back with all of the radars were Jack and Madison. Our recreational storm chaser. We headed down the back road and snuck up on the highway, we about crashed into some cars and had to floor the breaks. Across the road there was an inn. That would be a good place to stop, because the storm is dying out so we have nowhere to chase. Besides Olivia needs to rest.

“Texas to Navigator.” I buzzed in the radio.

“Copy.”  Steven replied.

“We’re going to rest at this inn tonight across the street.”

“Copy” he said again.