Chapter Five - 'Lasagne, boats, and wine.'

Começar do início

‘Okay, listen up, Rosie, the plan of action for today is this,’ Hermione smiled as the brown eyes turned to her mother from where she was colouring in. She stood up, excited as Hermione walked around, talking more to herself than her daughter, ‘I’m going to start your bath, get you in, put dinner in the oven, finish your bath, eat dinner with you and then put you to bed.’

‘I don’t want to take a bath,’ Rose moaned, sitting back down on the floor and colouring in a drawing of a family on the beach, ‘and I’ve already had dinner. Grandma gave me the l... l... lasagne you made last night.’

Hermione chuckled a little as she had difficulty saying lasagne. Hermione glanced into the kitchen to see that the lasagne was still in the oven. She smiled and put the oven on, heating it up for herself to eat. She put the oven on a low setting and went to the bathroom.

‘Come on, love,’ Hermione said, going over to the bathroom. She put the plug in the bath and let the water run, sighing when Rose didn’t oblige. She smiled, ‘I’ll put bubbles in?’

Rose smiled from the living room and left the pencils and colouring book and sketchpad on the table. She ran to the bathroom, grinning as Hermione poured in the liquid for the bubbles, and Hermione smiled before starting to take off her clothes.

‘What did you do today?’ Hermione asked her while gently putting her in the water, closing the tap.

‘I went to school and I coloured, Mummy. I drew a picture too,’ Rose giggled as she played with the bubbles. She really was a beautiful girl, Hermione thought just as the doorbell rang.

‘Stay right here, love,’ Hermione smiled, making sure she would be safe before she left the bathroom. Her hands were wet as she opened the front door, expecting perhaps her neighbour or her mother come back to get something. She stopped, frozen, when she opened the door and saw who it was. Her hand itched to go to her wand as she frowned, ‘what are you doing here?’

‘I came to... explain,’ Draco said, standing on her front step with his hands buried in his jeans pockets and his shoulders uplifted. He glanced in, his eyes going to the colouring book, pencils, and a sketchpad on the table. He then looked at Hermione, knowing her hand was clutched around her wand, ‘listen, Granger, I had to go. It was too much but I promise I’m not going anywhere now, alright?’

‘Draco, I have to give Rose a shower, get her changed and put her to bed. I don’t have time for this,’ Hermione said, shaking her head. She thought of last night when he had just fled as though the room had suddenly caught fire... and now he was back again?

‘Let me help you with that,’ Draco said, sighing, as his grey eyes stayed right on her brown ones. She was hesitating, he knew that, but he kept his eyes on her.

Hermione regarded him for a second with watchful eyes. She did not want Draco Malfoy near her daughter... no, correction. She did not want the Hogwarts era Draco Malfoy near her daughter. He must have changed, he looked like he had changed. After a minute of deliberation, and Rose calling her mother from the bathroom, she opened the door and let him in.

‘If you must help, can you please tidy up her pencils and other mess? I guess you could stay for dinner,’ Hermione suggested and Draco nodded, moving to the living room.

Hermione sighed, playing with her wet hands, and went to the bathroom to see Rose having fun with the bubbles. She blew some into the air and giggled like the happiest child in the world. Hermione started to shampoo her hair and wash it out before getting her all cleaned up. She smiled as Rose spluttered a little with her hair plastered over her face.

‘You remember my friend from yesterday?’ Hermione asked her, letting the water go down the drain and helping her out the tub. She took a towel and wrapped her in it as Rose nodded, looking at her, ‘well, he’s here right now. You be nice to him, okay?’