Don't drink Sake

{SNS}

++++

It was around Midnight, the darkness of the sky illuminating the moon's light, the cool night breeze sending a chill to its unsuspecting victims. Though it was late, the bar was open and the sounds of the village men at work never faded, as if the world never had need of sleep....

It was an exception for the Shinobi. They had the right to waste the night away and drown their emotions, shifting their reality from something horrid to something one might refer to as piece of mind, a temporary heal of the emotional scars they've acquired over the past years. After all, they are no longer children.... they can no longer lounge the day away or carelessly loose in a match, they can no longer be who they were.... they were no longer innocent.

They've seen bloodshed, and they've spilled blood.

They've been attacked and they've attacked in retaliation.

They've stolen and kept secrets - Dark secrets.

They've known pain.

They've known hate.

They've known suffering.

They've known self loathing.

They've known darkness.

They've known it all and so much more.

Even if its just for a night that they can drown themselves from reality and slip into a carefree zone where nothing can tough them, where nothing hurts.... nothing is felt but the numbness of feeling nothing at all.

A Limbo.

An escape.

Nothingness.

No hurt, or pain..... nothing is known, nothing is felt.

All they have left to lean on, is the old memories of what has already passed. A time when they were young and free, a time back when they were all so naive. - Those were the days of which they yearned... that which they knew could never return.

+++

Sasuke and Naruto had gone to the bar as they always did, after another mission that seemed to be too much for them to handle, leaving their bodies soaked in the blood of their enemies, while their minds denied all traces to the existence of what was witnessed.

Naruto sighed, calling out, "Another!!"

Sasuke, being the reasonable one of the two, who kept count as to not totally get lost in themselves, grunted. "Oi, Naruto.... that's the 50th glass, why don't you give it a break?"

Naruto's face was already red as his eyes were glazed over, he gave a chuckle. "So what? ..... who the freaking hell cares? b'sides.... like, you're.... one to... talk.... Sa'ske.... that's got to be at least your 90th glass already..... sooo dooon't be j...udging meee.... buddy" he slurred, placing a friendly punch to the Uchiha's shoulder.

"Hn. I've got a higher alcohol tolerance.... Baka" Even in his drunken state, he somehow still managed to keep his air of superiority and bastard ways. The blonde could never figure him out, but at the moment he couldn't care less..... "Teme..... don't act so tough"

Raising a brow at him, "Hn"

Naruto scoffed as he chugged the amber liquid down, gasping for air before slamming it on the counter, "Bartender Another!!"

Said Bartender sent a wary glance at the blond, who seemed to be on the brink of collapse and in a more likely case he'd start throwing up if he drank a single drop more. Yet, feeling sorry for the both, knowing the hard lives Ninja must lead, pushed aside his common instincts to cut him off and got him what he wanted with a resigned sigh. "Don't push yourself kid, know your limits"