Chapter 1

(Hermione's point of view)
I arrived at platform nine and three quarters. Looking around I noticed Harry and Ron hadn't arrived yet.

Harry now lived in Sirius' empty home.

I looked down at my shirt and straitened the head-girl badge on my chest. I'm eighteen now but, all of us are still going back to school to make up for last year. The Ministry of Magic have been working so hard ever since the war to repair the castle.
I decide to board the train and find an empty compartment and settle in. I scanned the crowd of people and caught a glimpse of three wizards entering the station through a wall. All of a sudden....
"Hermione!" Ginny shouted as she ran down the aisle of the train.
"Ginny!" I exclaimed. She was now seventeen and in her seventh year at Hogwarts. I pulled her into a big hug.
"Hey, hermione!" Harry said dragging his and Ginny's trunks down the aisle. He pushed Ginny's at her.
"Sorry about that!" She laughed.
Ron is with lavender brown btw
I hugged him and Ron who was following after.
They sat down in my compartment.
"Look!" I practically screamed pointing to my head-girl badge.
"No surprise!" Ron said happily. "Harry's got one too!"
"Oh my gosh! We're head boy and girl!!!" I exclaimed happily. "Well, it's kind of obvious because you defeated the dark lord last year!"
"Malfoy got expelled! This is going to be the best year ever!" Ron exclaimed.
"Obviously!" I responded.
The train started moving and we waved goodbye to George, Mrs. Weasley, and Mr. Weasley. But this year, Fred couldn't attend.
We sat in the compartment silently until Colin Creevy knocked on the glass.
"Hey! Um, Mrs. McGonogall asked for you and Hermione." He said to Harry. He was now in his 7th and final year at Hogwarts. (He is now a lot more hansom and responsible). We got up and shuffled out of the tight compartment. Colin pointed to the front of the train. Harry led the way and I followed. When he spotted her he knocked on the glass and she motioned for us to come in.
We sat across from her, the table separating her and us.
"Good afternoon, Miss Granger and Mister Potter." She said with a smile.
"Good afternoon, professor!" I said back.
"So, as you probably guessed, I want you here so I can go through your responsibilities and advantages. First off, when we get there you will follow the normal drill. I will announce you and after the feast you will guide all of the first years to their dorms." She explained. "Don't worry, the prefects will do most of the job." She answered to the "uh-oh, that's a lot" look on his face.
She rambled on about all of the expectations and responsibilities.
"Also, there is a special common room for you two and I know that you will keep it tidy." She looked at me. "Alright, that's all."
"Oh, one more thing!" She explained as we started to get up. We sat back down.
"I picked you two because, well, Hermione, your outstanding grades and Harry, your responsibility and your defeating of the dark lord."
We smiled and thanked her as we left.
On the way back Harry said,"We sure do have of things on our plates, don't we?"
"Definitely!" I responded raising my eyebrows.
We returned back to our compartment and scooted back in.
"What she say?" Ron eagerly asked.
"She explained all of our expectations and responsibilities." Harry said.
"Sounds boring." Ron said.
"That's probably part of why your the head boy!" I joked.
A while later the train came to a stop.
"Finally!" Ginny dramatically sighed.
We laughed.
Harry and I climbed,out remembering that we had to direct the first years to the boats.
We watched them all exit the train and we pointed them to Hagrid that was gathering them all into a clump.
Once all of the students left the train we headed toward the castle doors.
"I'm excited to see what out common room will look like!" I exclaimed.
"Yeah, it'll be fun to find out!" Harry answered.