Chapter 2 : The Catch Up

Cruising Down The Highway In My Black Honda Civic, The Bass Of The Future's " March Madness " Is Shaking The Interior Of The Car. Approaching The Car Wash, Marcus Turns Down The Music.

" Dez, I Think Asia Pregnant. " He Said With A Little Hint Of Shock.

" Deadass?  My Guy, You told Me You're Not Trying To Have Kids Right Now. "

" This Wasn't Planned, I Think The Bitch Plotted On Me. Probably Stuck Holes In The Condoms Or Some Shit. "

" Ay I Mean If The Baby's Yours, You Know You Gotta Be In The Jit's Life. "

" I Know But Damn, Shit Just Crazy. "

" Shit At Least Your Child Gonna Look Lit. "

" Hell Yeah, That Jit Blessed. "

We Laughed as I Parked My Car. We Exited And Walk Inside The Building.

We Worked at " Aventura's Finest Hand Car Wash ". The Building Looks Small But Looks Can Be Deceiving. Inside The Building , There's The Finest and Most State Of The Art Machinery And Tools For Any Car, In Any Material.

After A Few Cars, Me And Marcus Took A Break.

" Damn, Today Bout Busy As Hell. " He Said, Drinking A Sprite.

" You Ain't Lying About That. "

A Couple Of Minutes Past And We Started To Work Again. Car After Car, Different Models, Different Colors, Different Brands. Everything Just Went To A Blur. We Got To Our Last Car of the Day. It Was A Blue and White Dodge Challenger. We Were Finished In No Time.

" Ight That's The Last One. Slide The Keys. " I Told Marcus and He Tossed Them To Me. I Turned The Ignition and Drove It To The Pick Up Area.

" No, I'm Off Today....  Mhm.... Okay Bye. "

This Slender, Mocha Colored Woman Standing In Front Of The Car. I Get Out And Walks Towards Her.

" Here's Your Keys Ma'am. "

" Wait A Second.... Desmond? "

I Gave Her A Blank Look.  I Don't Even Slightly Recognize Her.

" Desmond It's Me, Gloria. Gloria Pierre. "

Now I Remember Her. My Ex, Gloria. Me And Her Went Through A Lot Of Crazy Shit, Courtesy To Her. But She Was a Cool Girl When She's Not Crazy Or Egotistic. I Did Some Fuck Shit and She Hated Me Ever Since. Well, At Least I Think It's Hate.

" Oh Uh Wassup. "

" Oh My God, How You Been?! "

She Gave Me A Big Ass Hug Like I Wasn't That Nigga She Caught Fucking Her Sister On Her Own Bed Several Years Ago. I'm Just Shocked On How She's Acting Towards Me.

" I've Been Boolin. Nothing Much Happening. "

" That's Good, Listen I Gotta Go. We Gotta Catch Up. What You Doing Later? " It Was A Little Sparkle In Her Eyes When She Asked That Question.

" I Don't Have Any Plans Tonight. "

" Wanna Do Dinner? " She Gave Me This Spotless, Radiant Smile.

" Yeah No Problem. Time? "

" 8 O'clock. At Denny's. See You Later. " She Gave Me Another Hug Before Leaving.

" Someone Been Getting Some Good Dick Recently. Happy Go Lucky Ass. "

I Walk To My Car, Seeing Marcus Already Inside.

" So Ima Be At Dinner With Gloria Tonight. " I Turned On Ignition.

" Your Ex Gloria? Deadass? "

" Yeah. Crazy Right? "

" I Thought She Hated You. "

He Read My Mind.

I Shrugged.

" Times Change I Guess. " I Slither Those Words Out With A Nonchalant Tone.

" You Gonna Go Back Out With Her? "

I Exited Out The Building.

" Nah, Don't Wanna Be Stressed 24/7. "

" I Mean, She Was The Wifey Material. Did Shit For You that You Would've Only Seen Happen In A Marriage. " Marcus Look At Me. He Continued.

" I'm Just Saying If She's Willing To Have A Part Two, Give It A Shot. "

" Marcus You Been Trying To Put Me Down With Any Female You Cool With, My Guy. "

" Yeah But As I See It, You Won't Get A Girl Who's Anymore Wifey Material Like Gloria. "

" I Don't Need A Girl At The Moment. I Already Got An Aggy Ass Baby Mama, I'm Not Trying Amp Up Anymore Estrogen Levels In My Life. I'm Gucci. "

I Arrived At The Highway and Hit 65 to The Apartment.