Chapter 2

I woke up it was daylight so it was bright in the room, I looked around the room as I laid on a hospital bed hooked to some tubes. I looked to the left of me as Kayla and Dre sat side by side on the couch talking to each other. I lift my hand up and looked down at my wristband"

"Kayla" I said barely able to speak since my mouth felt like cardboard.

"T" She said leaping up quickly making her way over to me.

"Please tell me we just had too much fun I fell and hit my head... everything was just a dream" I said sitting up

"No" She said grabbing my hand "Everything was real"

"No it was a dream" I shouted yanking her hand from mines and covering my face with my hands letting tears flow. As Kayla pulled me into a hug and rocked me a lady came through the door, it was my social worker Mrs. Bailey

"Hey there" She said

"I'm her bestfriend since she can't talk I can speak for her" Kayla said

"Okay dear ,your name is?"

"Kayla" Kayla said

"Okay Kayla, I'm Mrs. Bailey Thompson, Tiana's social worker" Mrs.Bailey said placing her bag down and taking a seat at the end of my bed. "I came as soon as I got the call, Tiana I'm truly sorry for the bad news you received"

Mrs.Bailey rubbed my led and frowned

"I know things will be hard and I refuse to let you go to a foster home in a time like this, i'll be calling up every relative I can in the mean time I know it's against the law but I will let Tiana stay with you Kayla until I get a response" She said

"Okay" Kayla said

"May I have your number to keep in touch" Mrs.Bailey

She said jumped up to grab her phone out her purse. As Kayla gave her phone number she was saving it in her contacts. She closed her phone and looked at Kayla then Dre.

"That's your brother" She said

"A friend" Dre said, waving his hand up "Sup I'm Dre"

"How you doing, glad Tiana has friends like y'all...i'll keep in touch" Mrs.Bailey said grabbing her purse and coat.

"Bye" Kayla and Dre said. Mrs.Bailey exited the room living Kayla, Dre & I. I eventually cried until I couldn't no more. A nurse came in and unhooked me from the tubes, they had to do that to make sure I was alright I fell out onto the hard floor. Once the nurse left she gave me a piece of paper and informed me I was okay to go home then left out.

"We can leave now" Kayla said. I slid out of the bed and started walking towards the door. I walked without caring who was following. I went towards the staircase instead of taking the elevator, Kayla quickly caught up to me and grabbed my hand. She walked with me down the stairs. We walked out the hospital together. The three of us got back into the car. Dre dropped us off at Kayla's house then headed off. Kayla opened her front door and took her shoes off. I took my shoes off and followed her to her room.

"I'm home!" Kayla said

I flopped down on Kayla's bed and laid down. Kayla looked through her closet for clean clothes for us. Her mom came walking through her door.