The Prince's Passion

Amber pushed her way through the main door of the marble fronted apartment building on the Embankment, “Good evening,” she smiled at the security guard seated at the reception desk. “Amber Hamilton” she gave her name to the smartly dressed woman standing next to him.

“Miss Hamilton, of course, Mr and Mrs Leonides are expecting you. Have a lovely evening.  The elevator to the left goes directly to the Penthouse and someone will take your coat there.”

“Nice tan, have you been on holiday?” Asked the guard with a grin.

“Yes thanks,” Amber smiled back, two weeks away from man, phone and internet connection on a remote island off the coast of East Africa had left her tanned and glowing, her eyes sparkling with good health.  Tall and long legged Amber strode past the reception desk to the bank of elevator while she waited for the elevator doors to open.  She heard footsteps behind her and turned slightly to give way to whoever was behind her. At five feet nine inches tall Amber was no slouch in the height department but she had to look up to meet the cool dark gaze of the man next to her and was jolted by the awareness that flooded through her. He had a face that was both achingly beautiful and unrepentantly masculine framed with dark hair that was cut to show the superb shape of his head. Golden skin was stretched over a powerfully muscled frame that was tempered by the hand made suit that covered it. The black eyes were hard but his mobile mouth softened as it took in her reaction to his unabashed appraisal.

Tarek Al Rashid had been admiring the view in front of him as he walked across the lobby; wickedly high scarlet satin heels, endless tanned legs and a pert behind encased in a figure hugging short black silk dress, paired with a fitted jacket that showed off a tiny waist and long glossy hair streaked with every shade from caramel to spun gold. He drew up next to her, enjoying the scent of summer flowers that surrounded her, and then she turned to look up at him. Eyes the colour of Bond Street’s best aquamarines, fringed with thick lashes met his and Tarek felt his body tighten with pure lust as his dark eyes raked over her, bringing a blush to the elegant cheekbones of her face.

The lift doors opened startling them both and Tarek stood to one side to allow her to pass before him, the woman entered the lift, pressed the button for the Penthouse and turned smack into Tarek’s broad shoulders.

“Excuse me…. I didn’t see…I mean I didn’t know you were there” stammered Amber as she sprung away from the tall bulk of his frame, clutching her satin evening bag to her heart.

“No harm done, Tarek Al Rashid,” He introduced himself, his voice deep and faintly accented. “I assume you are going to the Leonides party, yes?” the lazy charm in his smile knocked her sideways and Amber couldn’t help smiling back.

“Yes I am, Amber Hamilton.” She replied huskily, “Sara Leonides is an old school friend of mine,” she held out her hand in greeting and at once it was swallowed up by Tarek’s larger grip. Amber felt slow warmth laced with excitement spread through her fingers and pool in the pit of her stomach as her blue eyes met his gaze; the onyx black eyes now warm with sensual amusement as he registered her body’s reaction to his nearness. “A pleasure, Miss Hamilton” he raised her hand to his lips and the raw heat of desire flooded Amber’s whole body. Her eyes widened in shock and her body stiffened in response as she tried to pull her hand away. My God, she thought, her heart pounding as the lift doors opened straight into the Leonides apartment, the man was lethal!

“Good God Tarek, let the girl get out of the lift before you attempt to seduce her! Ari Leonides exclaimed with a laugh and Amber realised Tarek was still holding her hand and looking at her like a panther watching his prey

“Amber lovely to see you as always, I assume you met Tarek in the elevator?” Almost as tall as Tarek and darkly attractive, Aristide was Greek by birth and an honorary Brit through his marriage two years previously to his beautiful English wife, Sara.  This party, which was in full swing, was to celebrate the birth of their twin daughters and their impending move to a new home in Athens.