Natasha's POV

"Are you okey?" Clint asked as he saw my wounded arm. He had found his way to us pretty quick even though we were in the middle of nowhere. But he flew here so I guess that's a help. His little ship was parked outside the house and we went outside greeting him.
"It's fine." I said as I walked on the ship, holding my suit in my right hand.
"Thanks Clint." Steve said as we walked onboard.
"What happened?" Clint asked as he sat down behind the wheel and the ship lifted into the air.
"SHIELDs been compromised." I said and Steve nodded.
"We were on a mission to check and old HYDRA base and apparently, there's still a lot of them. We think they have always been inside SHIELD just waiting for the right moment to strike." Steve said and Clint was surprised.
"Are you sure?" Clint asked.
"Well, no but can we risk it?" I said and Clint nodded.
"Where are we going?" Steve asked and I looked at Clint who nodded.
"Safe house." I said and sat down beside Steve.

"Auntie Nat!!" Lila came running towards me with her chubby child legs and open arms. I lifted her up in a hug and forgot about the pain in my arm. I made a hurt face and Steve noticed. He looked concerned and I rolled my eyes.
"Hey honey! I've missed you. I told you it wouldn't be long." I said smiling as Lila hugged me tight.
"I've missed you." Lila said and I looked over at Steve. His face had a confused look.
"I'm sure you've missed daddy as well!" Clint shouted and Lila let go of me to hug him. It was a quick hug and she came right back to me again. She took my hand and we walked towards the house. I smirked and looked back at Steve and Clint. I stretched out my tongue to tease him about the love I got from his child.

Steve's POV

"So you're a dad. That's cool." I said and Clint smiled.
"Sorry I didn't tell you. I didn't want them involved in anything." Clint said and I nodded.
"I get it. She sure loves Nat." I said to Clint as I watched the little girl hold Natasha's hand tight.
Clint laughed.
"Oh don't be fooled." He said. "Lila wouldn't love someone who hasn't showed her love. Lila is Natasha's role model and Natasha is hers.." He said chuckling. I smiled and went inside the big house.
"Laura." Natasha said and greeted the woman with a hug. Lila held on to Natasha's leg as her hand was busy hugging Lila's mother.
"This is my wife Laura." Clint said and I smiled.
"It's nice to meet you." I said and she smiled.
"The pleasure is mine Captain." He said and Natasha held her hand over Laura's stomach. Her baby bump was very clear and it looked like it was due time any day now.
"How little Natasha doing?" She asked with a smile.
"Actually, it's Nathaniel." Laura said with half a smile. Natasha smile faded and she bent down to face the belly.
"Traitor." She whispered and Lila saw this as an opportunity to take Natasha's hand again. I smiled.
A little boy came running downstairs and flew into Clint's arms.
"Hey buddy." Clint said as he hugged him. The little boy made it out of his fathers embrace as he saw me and Nat.
"Hey there Cooper. God, you have grown. Look how handsome you are!" Natasha said and Cooper blushed
"He's taking after his father." Laura said and Clint gave her a kiss.
"You guys hungry?" Clint asked.

After a lovely dinner, Natasha sat by the kitchen table with Lila in her lap. She was drawing another picture. Natasha was smiling at the little girl and observed her drawing. I stood by the door and watched them. Suddenly Cooper came up to me.
"Hey there." I said smiling.
"Could you sign some stuff for me?" The little boy asked very shy.
"Sure! What do you want my to sign?" I asked with a smile. Coopers face shined up as he ran upstairs to get something. I looked at Natasha who's eyes were planted on mine. She looked away as soon as she saw that I caught her watch me. A smile went up to my lips and it felt like it began at my toes and worked its way up all the way to my face.

Hours passed by and the sky was as dark as when you close your eyes really hard. The only light was the moon which shined on the fields outside. Clint had a few quest rooms for emergencies like this one and I stood by the window watching out over the country side. My eyes watched the sky and the few stars that was visible before my eyes turned to the woman standing outside. You could hardly see her in the darkness but her red hair was showed as the moon light hit her body.
I quietly went thought the house not to wake anyone and stepped out the door. I didn't have time to make it to her before she spoke.
"Trouble sleeping Rogers?" She asked as she looked up at the sky. She was wearing one of Laura's nightgowns that showed her legs and a small jacket, protecting her from the cold outside.
"Could ask you the same." I said as I walked up to her. She smiled.
"When I was younger, I was told that it doesn't matter where on earth you are, your thumb is never bigger than the moon." She said as she held up her thumb towards the moon.
"It used to make me feel safer. Like I wasn't just a little girl that didn't matter, you know. It felt like I had some kind of power since my thumb was as big as the moon." She said and I looked at her and smiled. She didn't take her eyes of the moon.
"But then, I realised that the moon is actually much bigger and that there's even bigger things beyond it. And I felt even smaller." She said as her smile faded.
"The bigger things beyond it, the bigger chance that something extraordinary could happen." I said and she looked at me. She didn't expect a response.
She gave me half a smile.
"There's a lot more of you behind that suit than people might think." She said.
"Could say the same about you." I said smiling. I looked up at the moon again.
"Imagine how much easier it would be up there? To be away from everything." I said and Natasha nodded.
"Well, now that I think about it.. Thor's having a lot of problems up there.." She said and I laughed.
"Yeah you're right about that." I said chuckling. She turned to me serious.
"You know, I'm probably going to leave some day. I just wanted you to have a heads up. I don't usually stay around for this long.." She said and my heart moved a bit.
"Maybe you don't stay that often because you haven't found where you belong. I can tell you that you do belong here. It doesn't matter if you want to or not." I said.
What I secretly had hoped for took place again. Natasha took a few steps closer to me and looked up into my eyes before her lips fell onto mine. The same passionate feeling rushed through my body and I felt her hand around my neck as I put mine on her waist. I kissed her back and I could feel how she pressed me closer. I tried to memories every second. Every kiss. Her smell, her taste, everything. I was afraid of what she had said, of her leaving. I kissed her harder and she kissed me back even harder. The kisses became more passionate and without a warning, Natasha took a step away from me. She looked deeply into my eyes. They were watery and had a sign of pain.
"I'm sorry." She whispered as she walked quickly inside. I stayed with a confused look as I followed her with my eyes. I stayed outside for a moment. I didn't want her to be alone but I knew better than to run after her.
My eyes went of the house and up to the moon instead. I held my thumb over it and realised that it actually was covering it. I took down my hand and smiled a little. I took a few deep breaths of the cold summer night air before I went inside again. Leaving the moonlight to touch the ground were we had been standing. It was as if nothing had happened.