My B(a)etter Half

Alden cannot exactly remember when it hit him, but one thing is certain: he has not felt this way before. Ever.

What started out as a joke that fateful day in July has now become real. Too real. So much so that, in the past several weeks, he often would find himself deviating from the script and out of character at the mere mention of her name or upon a glimpse of her face onscreen in many of their Kalyeserye episodes.

Maine Mendoza, the newest showbiz royalty who first earned prominence because of her viral Dubsmash videos before joining Eat Bulaga, has taken over his thoughts -- heck, perhaps even his life.

She didn't have to do much. Just by merely cracking a smile or twitching her nose, Maine can send Alden's mind spinning and his spine tingling.

His voice would soften whenever he speaks of her, there's a different glimmer in his eyes and a seemingly added spring to his every step whenever they're together, and a hint of longing on his face whenever they're apart.

Hindi na aktingan 'to, uy.

Alden Richards -- the "Pambansang Bae," the showbiz heartthrob, no doubt, is in love.

* * * * *

It was Alden's best birthday yet -- his 24th.

After Eat Bulaga dedicated more than half of Saturday's show for his celebration filled with surprises, he had separate get togethers with his fans in Nuvali and high school friends in Tagaytay.

Alden couldn't think of a better way to cap off his special day. He was on high spirits, reenergized, happy.

But scrolling through his Twitter feed slightly dampened his mood and made him worried. Just a couple of hundred meters more before he reaches home, Alden made a U-turn and took the exit to head to Quezon City.

A little over an hour later, Alden was already pacing back and forth by his car in front of Maine's condo building.

This is where she stayed whenever her work schedule would not permit her to go home to Bulacan.

He found it odd that Maine was here instead of being in Sta. Maria, knowing that she didn't have work for that Sunday.

Alden was lost in thought when he felt a tap on his shoulder. It was Dean, Maine's youngest brother.

"Kuya, anong ginagawa mo dito? Lampas 2AM na," Dean asked.

"Sorry nagising kita, ha? Si Maine kasi, eh. 'Yung Tweets niya. Hindi ako mapakali nu'ng nabasa ko," Alden answered.

"Ewan ko du'n. After ng Bulaga, nag-iba ang mood, eh. Pero okay naman siya nu'ng kasama niya barkada niya kanina. Pero pag-uwi niya, ayun, nagmumukmok. 'Di na makausap hanggang makatulog," Dean said.

Something is definitely up, Alden thought. And he's dying to find out.

"Dean..."

"Nagsabi na ako sa guard," Dean quipped, giving Alden a knowing look. "Hindi ko na ni-lock 'yung main door. Punta muna ako coffee shop. Akyat ka na. Baka sakaling mawala ang topak niya."

Alden patted Dean on the back as he crossed the street to go to the coffeeshop.

Not even five minutes later, he tiptoed his way in, carefully closing the front door behind him. There on the sofa, curled up like a little child, was Maine.

Even in a room where the only illumination is coming from the TV showing an old slapstick comedy movie on cable, Alden can see the weariness on her tear-stained face.

Yet he still found her so beautiful. Even in her unconscious, vulnerable state, Maine still took his breath away.

He knelt down beside her and softly shook her.

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Jan 12, 2016 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

My B(a)etter Halfजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें