I hate that Blackwood was planning to capture me and force me into a marriage. If Drew wasn't my mate, it would be a crime to marry him. It is not allowed for a wolf to marry someone that is not their mate unless their mate is dead. I would be letting my mate down.

But Drew is our mate... My wolf reminds me.

And? He was going along with the plan. He was okay with forcing us into a marriage, even if we did not end up being mates! He was willing to fail his mate to force us into marrying him! I tell her. She huffs, not caring in the less what was going to happen. All she cares about is the fact that our mate is here and that he is "happy to have finally found us". Or so he says...

"Catherine, calm down, beautiful." Drew says softly, walking over with his hand out stretched for me. I glare at it as if it's diseased. 

"Don't you dare touch me." I growl. His eyes widen softly, frowning at my words. 

"What are you saying? Why are you acting like this? Don't listen to my father. We no longer have to be forced into anything. We are mates. That's all that matters. If you accept me, we can wait however long it takes to get married." His face breaks out into a smile as he says this. His eyes connect with mine, causing me to fall prey to his hypnotizing green eyes. 

He said "we"! He was being forced along with us! My wolf cheers in my head. I laugh internally at her. She loves our mate already and we have just met him. 

"Catherine." I look over at River and Phoenix, my eyes softening at them. River hurries over to me and I let out a small cry of pain before I rush over and throw my arms around her. "Please. Please don't go." She begs in my ear. I feel my heart break from my younger sister-my best friend. 

I pull back to grab her heart-shaped face in my hands, looking her in the eye. "Sh. It's going to be okay, River. I promise. I'll visit you. Every Christmas and birthday. I promise little sister. Phoenix." I call to my little brother. His eyes water as he stares at me. 

"Why couldn't he live here? Why couldn't he be from this pack?!" He shouts. I grab him by the back of the neck and pull him into a hug. 

"Hush, baby brother. Do not be disrespectful. The moon goddess has made another decision and we have to abide by it. You have Gabby now. So take care of her and River for me, okay?" He nods his head and pulls back quickly, shooting a glare over at Drew.

"I swear to God, if you lay a harmful hand on my sister, I will find you and I will kill you." Phoenix's threat is sharp and powerful, full of authority. He will be a great Alpha. Drew only stares back at my brother with his mouth parted. Then his eyes flicker over to mine, showing me an apologetic expression. 

"I will never hurt her." He vows. Phoenix leaves after that, taking refuge in the house. Goodbyes never settle well over him.

"We must leave." Blackwood says, impatiently. Drew growls.

"Give her time to say goodbye to her family, father. She is obviously close to them. Something you wouldn't understand." Drew snaps. I feel my eyes widen at his confrontation. Sure he is future Alpha, but Phoenix wouldn't dare say that to my father. Not while he is still Alpha. Drew meets my eyes and nods his head, giving me permission to bid farewell.

I turn and run to my parents, colliding into their warm embraces. My mother kisses my head, tears rolling down her face. "Be strong, Catherine. We love you very much." My father says. I pull back to stare at my parents.

"I have never thanked you guys. For this extraordinary life. I love you guys so very much. I will never, ever forget you." I place a hand on my locket that sits heavily on my chest. My mom starts sobbing, causing my heart to squeeze tight as tears of my own begin to fall down.

"We'll see you for River's birthday?" My mom searches for confirmation. I nod quickly. Of course. I wouldn't miss her birthday for the world. I wouldn't miss the chance of being with my family.

"Yes. I will see you guys then. Tell Aunt Rain goodbye for me please." I say, turning around before they could say anything else. I hurry over to Drew, only feeling somewhat safe. I am in the mist of strangers, the very one's that threatened to kill my mother. I don't trust any of them. Not even Drew-not yet. He may be my mate, but that means nothing. There are many men in this world that reject their mates. 

Drew wraps his arm around my shoulders and holds me close to his side. I allow this, only because I rather be close to him that be closer to any of the other members of the Colorado pack. 

As we walk away from my home, I can hear my mothers cries. It breaks my heart that, just like this, I am taken away from my family. I will never be able to live with them again. I will be married to Drew and become the Alpha Female of his pack. I will have the duty to be loyal to the Colorado pack and not my old one. 

And just like that. My world has changed forever.

For the better or for the worst, I do not yet know. 

Hey guys! I hope you had as much fun reading this story as I had putting it together! I really hope you enjoyed it!!! 

YES! There will be a Catherine and Drew story!!!! I do not have the title or first chapter yet! But stay tuned, and I will post at sneak peak on here soon!

I choose Channing Tatum to play Drew, by the way!!!!

Xoxo Charlotte