Chapter Seven: Blue People

Start from the beginning

The common room is peppy, groups of girls draped on the leather couches chatting over tea and boys in sweater vests playing pool. It smells like coffee beans and peppermint.

Eileen is on one of the couches, her legs in Blake's lap who doesn't seem to mind but also doesn't look interested in that fact.

"Where's Nick?" Sav sits on the coffee table, crossing her legs.

"He was just here," Blake says. He looks kind of anxious, dark circles under his eyes, maybe a little jittery. "Dawn dragged him off somewhere I think."

"Dawn Chamberlin? You let him go off with Dawn fucking Chamberlin?" Savannah's eyes scan the room.

Eileen sits up at the tension and Blake shrugs.

"Wait, Who's Dawn Chamberlin?" I itch my neck.

"The female version of Miles fucking Calaway," Savannah keeps looking around, taps her manicure on her cheek and then huffs out a breath.

"That's not good," Now I'm looking around the room as well. Miles happens to walk into the room. Speak of the devil. Literally.

"Look what the cats just dragged in," Eileen stands up.

"It's look what the cat dragged in," Savannah corrects her.

"What?" Eileen scrunches her nose.

Savannah sighs. "The expression is look what the cat dragged."

"It is?" Eileen looks shocked.

"Yeah, it's just one cat," Blake says. "Like the cat is dragging in something."

"It's only one cat though how is he dragging anything, cats are small!" Eileen crosses her arms.

"What you even--nevermind," Savannah waves a hand. Eileen looks confused. "I'm going to talk to Miles, he might know where Dawn is since they're partners in crime." Savannah fast walks over to him and I follow her lead.

"Hold it there, fuzzy," Savannah ruffles his hair and he smiles at her.

"Miss Paul always a pleasure," He winks at her and she scoffs loudly.

"Right so anyways," Sav purses her lips, arms crossed. "Where's that rat of yours? Dawn?"

"How would I know?"

Savannah sighs loudly.

"Got some plans for her?" He raises an eyebrow. Miles glances over me and then back at Sav. She shifts slightly under his gaze and then smiles wider. "You know you don't want either of us coming down on you right? I mean, unless you want too?" Miles trails a hand on her arm and she smacks it away.

"Stop being gross, she's a leech and she's with my boy," Sav says.

"Nick?" Miles smirks. "I hope she sucks him dry."

Sav has a reply already on her lips but I step in front of her and grab Miles by his collar roughly, bringing him down to my eye level.

"Listen here, bucko, your little witch Dawn or whatever is going to have to deal with me if she lays a hand on Nicholas so I suggest if you know where they are you speak up right now before I break your head open like a watermelon, got it?"

Miles smirk vanishes and yanks away from my grip. He glares at me.

"Maybe if you were a little nicer I would tell you," Miles clicks his tongue at him. I'm thinking about punching him in the face but I don't think that's a grand idea so I just clench my hands into tiny fists, digging my smooth painted nails into my palm.