Steve's POV

"Welcome." The man said. After that, I didn't understand a shit. He changed language and the whole conversation between him and well Natasha happened on Russian.
"They're trying to recreate HYDRA and he's sorry for the mess." Natasha said to me and I shock my head. The man spoke again.
"He knows who we are.." Natasha began as he talked again. "And he wants us dead." She finished and a shot could be heard. Natasha moved to the left and the shot missed her arm with one inch. I started hitting men after men and Natasha did the same. She tried to fight them but realised they became more and when I finally got a hold of my shield that one of the men was carrying, I looked over at Natasha. She had a gun in her hand and picked out another one from her suit. I couldn't say I was surprised. She shot men after men until she looked at me.
"We need to run!" I mounted. She nodded but before we could take a run. Her expression became pained and her eyebrows furrowed. A bullet went through her left arm and she drew back in pain.
"Shit!" I said as I made my way over to her, protecting myself with the shield.
"Language and I'm fine." She said as we fought the men on the way out. When we finally got outside, the shots were following us and we were just about to get into the car as it blew up. They had counted the seconds wrong, luckily for us. We flew back on the ground and a pain took place in my body. I looked over at Natasha who had the same pained expression as she hand landed on her shot arm. I grabbed my shield and shielded us both from the shots.
"I called SHIELD but no ones coming." She said annoyed and pressed the button on her phone again.
"We got to run." I said and stood up. The men was starting to get outside and we ran. We figured it would be harder to find us if we ran though the woods so that's exactly the way we ran. After a while of running, I remembered that I was fast. I looked back nervously to see if I've lost Natasha but to my surprise, she was right behind me keeping up with my steps. She ran past me and I started to run again, the shots became more distant and I knew they've lost us. But we didn't stop running. It took a while of heavy breaths and fast legs before Natasha stopped and pressed her hand against her wound. She breathes heavily and I was afraid she might pass out from the blood loss.
"I'm.. Fine." She said between the breaths as I laid my hand on her shoulder. As fast as I did, my thoughts went back to the kiss. That one kiss that shouldn't bother me. But it did. I couldn't help but to feel good about it. To feel like it was a good idea. A good kiss.
We stared walking instead as I held my arm around her, helping her walk properly. We searched our way to the road again and started walking on the side. After about 15 minutes, we could see a little house in the distant. Natasha saw it first and breathed out relieved. As we got to it, we realised that it was in fact a bed and breakfast. I looked at Natasha confused. She had the same look on her face.
"A house was good but I didn't expect a bed and breakfast in the middle of nowhere." I said and she nodded in agreement. We stepped into the house without knocking and was greeted by and old smell. A mix between old books and pancakes.
I let go of Natasha and she looked around. No one was there. It looked empty. It probably was. I went to the desk in the main hall where we stood and grabbed one of the keys on a shelf.
"Guess we'll find ourselves a room." Nat said and I nodded as we began walking up a few stairs towards the room on the key. When we got there, I opened the door and Natasha went inside. She went towards the mirror that hung on the wall and took of her catsuit halfway. To my relief, she was wearing a tight top underneath. She looked at her arm and furrowed her eyebrows. The blood ran slowly down her skin and she shock her head at the wound. She went into the bathroom to look after something to fix the wound with and found some stuff in a first aid kit. She then sat down on the bed and started trying to fix the wound. It didn't work so well since she had to use her right hand and I knew for a fact that she was a leftie. I sat down beside her.
"Let me do it." I said as she resentfully handed me the things. I carefully began to take out the bullet of the wound and then patch it up. I was as careful as I could not rule hurt her and she sat by my side quiet as a mouse.
"I'm sorry I kissed you." She said after a while and I looked up surprised.
"I was the one who should have shut up." I said chuckling.
"Good point." She said smiling as I got the bullet out of her arm.
"Let me see." She said and I handed it to her. She looked at it with a strange face as I patched up the wound.
"What is it?" I asked and she looked at me.
"This, this isn't a soviet one. This is from SHIELDS." She said as she observed the bullet.
"SHIELDs been compromised." I said and she looked at me.
"That's why no one came. They're a part of it. They want to recreate HYDRA." Natasha said as I finished the patching up. "Thanks." She said as she stood up. "I'm going to find ourselves something to wear. I don't want to walk around in this bloody thing, and I'm pretty sure you don't want to have me here, butt ass naked." She said smirking as I blushed. "Fine, I'll take a shower." I said nervously as she stepped out of the door. I looked after her until the door was closed and I stepped into the bathroom. I looked myself in the mirror before stepping inside the shower. A few scratch marks but that was mostly it. Still when I got in the shower, the warm water burned against the small cuts and I made an irritated face. But soon, my thoughts wandered on to Natasha.